Clay

I snapped my eyes open with a gasp, lunging upwards in a single yank of my limbs. I sat up panting, my hair breaking loose out of the band I had previously wrapped around it in a ponytail, and framing my face. I stared at my hair peculiarly, wondering how it came to be around my face, before lifting my shaken hands to brush it aside.

I stared around me with haze, my eyes half-lidded as a feeling of immense exhaustion surged in every root of my core. I found myself sitting around a small circle, enough to cover my entire body, made by the boys's cards. I widened my eyes, before looking for the boys themselves, to find them all kneeling around me where they were previously sitting down.

They weren't kneeling out of respect, because their faces were contorted in pain, and Jongdae, whom was the closest to me, furrowed his eyebrows, while gritting his teeth at the same time. I counted the heads around me, realizing that beside Tao, there was another new head.

The new person was kneeling wholeheartedly, his hand placed over his heart as a sign of respect. He looked large, even while he was kneeling. He towered everyone, even Tao whom was tall himself. His eyes were closed, and his soft looking eyelashes hung over his fair cheeks almost magically. I found my heart fluttering. He resembled a prince, a handsome one.

"Guys..," I muttered hoarsely, my voice coming out groggy and laced with sleep, although I was more nauseous than drowsy. The boys all lifted their heads to me simultaneously, winces on their faces. "What happened?"

"You called Kris," Joonmyeon was quick to explain, and I noticed he was the least pained. He climbed up from his kneeling position, before wincing and dropping back down to his knees. "And then this happened."

"We don't know what this is," Xiumin murmured hoarsely, and even then he still shot me a playful look, his eyes twinkling in mischief despite everything. I wanted to give him a hug. "But it hurts like a bitch."

"H-Hani..," I heard Chanyeol groan out, and I shifted my eyes to him to find him trying to collect himself and stand up on his les. "Y-you are b-b-buzzing with power.."

"I feel like I'm in the presence of the witch. I haven't felt like this before," Sehun was quick to finish Chanyeol's sentence, and my eyes widened. His words were similar to Chanyeol's words, when he was able to call out his wings. What does this mean? Why do they feel like the witch is in their presence? "It's incredible, and a little creepy."

Then, the Kris guy that I had summoned stood easily on his two legs, his piercing, jet black jewels staring down at me almost ominously, even though I knew nothing dangerous was about him. He had a comforting aura, like Joonmyeon's, despite his expressionless face, and I wasn't scared. Why was he the only one unaffected by this? Was it because he was just summoned?

"My lady, you need to collect our cards," Kris muttered softly, no feeling behind his words. He was burning with aloofness, the type that doesn't hurt yet still there, swallowing his soul to the brim. I stared around me at the cards once again. "It's not safe for them to be scattered around."

"Can you help me?" I asked him softly, guiding my eyes to him and softening them not to shock him. It still made his eyes widen, though, but he was quick to compose himself into his blank demeanor.

"I cannot, my lady, I'm not allowed to touch the cards."

"But I'm kind of sore," I murmured, which was the truth. I tried to move my body up, but my legs protested, and there was an empty feeling in my stomach that made me feel nauseous. I was sure I will throw up if I moved an inch away from my place. It was a miracle I could even sit up.

"My lady.. I..," Kris seemed lost, and I didn't fail to notice the continuous stares he kept shooting his friends, filled with confusion, awe, and absolute excitement. Although he tried to suppress the last emotion, and I realized he wasn't someone to show his positive feelings so easily, or rather liked to show them, for an odd reason I wasn't able to decipher. He appeared just now and I'm already buzzing with curiosity over him. He was intensely mysterious. "I'm not allowed," he continued then, after he gathered himself well.