Wine - Part Two

"Hani.."

"Hani-yah. Pssst."

"Hani! You have to wake up!"

"Hani, wake up!"

I snapped my head up immediately, the whispering noises echoing in my head were ridiculously loud; as if whoever that was talking was tremendously close to me.

My body unconsciously straightened in my place, which I realized I was sitting down, instead of lying on my bed. I felt a burning squeeze in the bottom side of my back, an inch away above my butt. I let out a gurgling noise from the back of my throat at the immense pain, and on reflex, my body jerked to the right; and my head made a huge contact with a big pole made of iron.

I whimpered at the pain spreading in my head, but it wasn't normal pain from a simple contact with iron. It felt more like I just reopened a new wound, a gash or something smaller; and I could feel a warm sensation of something gooey falling down my eye, passing down to my chin.

I was more hyper aware of my position now, and I realized my hands were bound behind my back by some sort of cloth.

"Hani.. are.. are you awake?" I snapped my head to my right at the voice, in spite of earning an immense feeling of pain when I did that just seconds ago. I opened my eyes slowly, realizing that all of this time I had been closing my eyes.

The first thing that my eyes landed on was Kai, bruised and wounded and bloody. He was sitting beside me, ten inches away. He was also sitting down with his legs outstretched in front of him, and his wrists locked behind a dark, metal pole. I glanced away from him to look at myself, and I realized I was leaning against the same pole that I smacked my head on. My clothes were battered, and I could catch smears and smudges of blood over my jeans, my t-shirt and the tips of my hair which was not in a bun anymore.

There was a numb feeling in my back, in the joint of my spinal cord and butt. A warm liquid, which I was so sure was blood; was dripping down the right side of my head, and I couldn't feel my fingers.

"I'm so sorry, Hani!" Kai choked on his words, and I turned to look at him with horrfied eyes. Tears were streaming down his cheeks, glinting and enlarging the purplish bruises decorating his tanned cheeks. It made my heart break.

"I brought you here, it's-it's my fault you're bruised and so wounded," Kai hiccupped, his tears reaching down to his chin and tainting his bare chest. "They-they did awful things to you, and I just watched."

"Why can't I remember.." I mumbled, my eyes large with horror as they kept looking around me in panic. We were in some kind of a warehouse, which was entirely surrounded by brick walls. It was spacious and empty; and I believed this place could fit dozens of trucks. Kai and I were the only ones tied around those poles, and there were other poles stretched around the warehouse and releasing a horrifying feeling from within them. The feeling felt like I'm watching a horror movie where I'm waiting for the suspense to unravel. There was a single door in the distance; which looked too small from where I'm sitting at.

"The injection.." Kai spoke while sniffling, large amounts of tears still falling down his cheeks. "It dulls your senses, and all of your organs go to sleep. The injection lasts for one hour."

"They hit me while I'm unconscious?" I spat while lunging forward in anger, and that movement caused me to whimper and fall down sluggishly back on the pole. I didn't miss the wince coming out of Kai's lips.

"Yes. I'm so sorry, Hani, it's all my fa—"

"Don't say anything!" I snapped, raising my angry eyes and aiming it directly to his eyes. Kai's whole body tensed, and I could see the sheer horror in his eyes. "Don't say.. don't say anything. This isn't your fault, I'm sure of it."