Yellow

While I was currently in the kitchen sitting on a stool, watching my mom cook something to fill my empty stomach and nagging constantly on organized sleeping pattern or something, I had sneaked the freaky card under the table and pressed it to my thigh and the back of the table for it not to fall. I wanted to leave it alone in my room, but something tugged me at the back of my head to not leave it alone, for what reason though; I have no idea.

"Just because it's summer break doesn't mean you get to sleep for how many hours! Summer breaks aren't only about having fun and acting with no responsibility. I'm glad I did not make you go to that horrible party,"

My mom kept on nagging and nagging while having her back facing me. I couldn't help but roll my eyes at her, an action my dad caught because the next thing I knew, his newspaper came face to face with my head with a loud smack. I groaned loudly, giving the old man a glare which he smugly shrugged at.

"And I thought you would actually be more resp..- Moon Hani, why are you glaring at your old man?" My mom's stern voice brought me out of my game with my dad, and I stared innocently at the lady with a spatula in her hand with a furious glare. Oops! I didn't think she would actually stop frying my bacon to notice me giving my dad the infamous Hani look. I gave my mom a sheepish smile, one dripping with innocence and hearts that made her sigh in helplessness. If there is something my mom is weak against, it's my beautiful cute actions, considering I'm her only child and she likes it when I give her my puppy looks. Something along the lines of 'first borns should know how to make use of their parents wisely,'

"My beautiful and gorgeous mother, I was totally listening to your rant..- I mean your advice attentively," I could totally hear my dad stiffling his sniggers, and I wanted to give him a deadly glare if only my mom wasn't using her hawk look on me.

"Then why were you glaring at your father? It's disrespectful," My mom had a stern look behind that mask of hers, and I know she didn't exactly mean it. My family and I have a deep kind of relationship with each other; my parents treated me like I'm their best friend most of the time, but they automatically switch into my parents when I'm in need of them, or during a lecture, which is what's happening right now with my mother.

"Ay, Ay, captain," I playfully saluted her, and my mom sent me a deep glare before twirling around to continue her cooking while my dad and I got ourself engrossed with a debate on what is much better, diet cola which I liked very much, or sprite which he loved a lot.

"Hani, there is something I need you to do for me," My mom cut our conversation while placing a plate of fully cooked bacon strips and cheese. I looked at her with my innocent eyes while gobbling down my food like a beast. I asked her what she wants me to do with my cheeks stuffed with food, and she gave me a white paper of a variety of things listed down from drinks to vegetables and fruits. I groaned loudly, I almost forgot about my usual goings to the supermarket every two weeks to restock our house needs, and honestly, I did not want to go this time because I want to sleep again ( even if I knew my mother would kill me ) I was a sleep monster, sue me, not to mention I actually felt like a pound of rocks is sitting on my shoulders.

I gave my mom a puppy look, wishing that she would forget about it just this one time and leave me alone to sleep. She could read my stare easily, and the next thing I know is my mom pulling me out of the chair and dragging me to the front door with her hand on my arm. I groaned loudly when she started lecturing me again, and I whined one more time for her to just let me sleep for now and wake up another time where I actually would be willing to go. She refused – as expected, she had always been a hard-headed person – and urged me to go out, opening the door to my car that was, dare to say; simply parked outside our house in a slightly, curved angle. Okay, I'm a horrible driver, hope I have established that information clearly.