Rosewood

Jongdae's POV

We were staring wide eyed at the scene that is currently happening in front of us. Hani had taken the three cards that Kyungsoo had dug up, cradling them in her hands like precious little gems. The three cards were varying in color. One of them was pink, a deep shade of rosewood surrounding the edges and giving it an ethereal aura. It was a card I knew very well, and knew the consequences that came along with it.

"You should bond with this one," Sehun, whom was crawling next to her excitedly, said, pointing at the hot pink card in her hands. I found myself hiding my urge to roll my eyes. It was obvious Sehun would have chosen that card. "And then you can bond with the others."

"Okay," Hani agreed quietly, before fixing her position on the floor Indian style. Sehun was quick to sit beside her, trying to hide his growing smile with his hands. Kyungsoo was curious too, and he didn't hesitate to hide his feelings and crawled closer to them before leaning beside Sehun. The rest soon crowded around her, all of them showing curiosity and excitement, especially because none has been able to collect all of us so easily. Hani mother's words were still ringing inside my head, and how Hani was a card magnet. Not only that, she had been a magnet for us, the twelve greatest cards, and she had been able to attain us all.

Why?

Shaking my head, I followed the last boy – Kai – and sat beside him silently, watching. I had been the last card she had attained thus far, and I was excited as well to see her gaining the remaining three whom we all were familiar with. I found my heart pounding in thriller, and gulped to ease myself. Jongin shot me a nervous stare when I sat beside him (a stare in which I was pretty much used to by now) I couldn't really blame him. I had been the reason our relationship turned out to be like this, with him getting jittery and uncomfortable around me thinking I had not accepted him – which isn't true at all. I had accepted whatever happened to us a long time ago, and I had never once blamed him. I was just a little awkward around him. He had been everything I was not.

"A little help, please?" Hani lifted one of her fingers sheepishly, her eyes twinkling in a well-hidden mischief and joy just as much as we were all feeling. She didn't seem to mind that her parents had hid her cards from her anymore, and that made me glad for a reason. The fact she didn't hold grudges so long made me smile.

"Sure," Xiumin hyung smirked a little naughtily, before creating a sharp ice needle that he handed to her easily. Hani accepted it gratefully and easily pricked her finger with it.

Blood started oozing out of her finger and she was quick to smear it down the pink card, a smile growing on her face almost immediately. A puff of smoke evaporated from her hands, traveling all the way to the middle of the circle we found ourselves making. A boy we all know so well appeared, and once he had his eyes on us, he blinked.

"Oh," he let out, his eyes finally landing on Hani and letting the corner of his lips curl into a small smile. "Well, that surely did take a while."

What?

I (and the rest, surely) turned to give Hani a confused look. I saw the exact same look crossing my face on her face, before she lit up like Christmas lights. She pounced up on her legs, and in seconds like lightning, she was hugging the daylight out of the boy. We all widened our eyes, and I may have heard Sehun hiccuping in the immense feeling of surprise flooding him.

The boy, hyung, seemed shocked as well, and awkward. Very very awkward. He put on a nice smile nevertheless and tried to hug her back, but ended up patting her just as awkwardly as he felt. We all shared a look between each other, before Sehun bravely moved forward and separated the two away. He wrapped a protective arm around Hani's shoulders, shooting his best friend a glare.