Prologue

There was a small girl sitting in one of the many swings in the park, swinging happily with a big grin on her face. She was only six years old; but she was smaller than others her age. People often mistook her for a three or four years old girl, since she had harbored that attribute from her mother. She was told strictly by her loving parents not to wander around, and only play on the swings while they go out to the nearest grocery store and buy them some drinks and snacks, since her very forgetful father would forget to buy those ahead.

The little girl was okay with it, since the park was close to her house anyways. She had been coming out to this place for all of her six year life, so she was very familiar with her surroundings. Beside, she was pretty smart for someone her age, so the chances of losing were from one to none.

"I'm so high!" The girl exclaimed so happily while flinging herself high on the swing, moving her legs backwards and forwards to quicken her swinging. Then, she jumped while still high in the sky, making her land on the ground with a giggle.

Suddenly, there was a glow from the earth she had touched. A very faint one, almost nonexistent, but it was still there. The girl glanced at the ground she jumped onto and felt strange. There were butterflies in her stomach at the sensation, and she found herself lowering into a crouch. She palmed the ground with her tiny hands, and the glow returned, stronger than before. It was purple in color, a greenish hue with it as well. Then, there was a sudden sound of wind picking up its speed, and when the girl looked up at the sky, she saw that it seemed to look like a silhouette of a game card flying towards her in a swaying, zigzag pattern that almost teased her to grab it and yank it closer.

Just when she was about to raise her hand and leap for it, another hand appeared out of nowhere and easily grabbed it away from the little girl's eyesight. The girl looked to the side, at the sudden presence of her parents around her. The hand apparently belonged to her mother, who was currently stuffing the card in the back pocket of her jeans, a small smile on her face. The little girl couldn't help but frown, feeling quite suspicious that her mom didn't let her take her new game.

"What was that honey? What were you doing?" The father of the little girl crouched in front of her, holding her in his giant hands and urging her to stare at him. The little girl cluelessly stared at her father, obvious innocence in her eyes. She shook her head at her father, and pointed her small finger towards her mother's pocket.

"I wanted to play with that card," the little girl said, giving her shuddering mother an innocent look. Her mom shared a knowing look with her father, a look that the little girl didn't quite catch. Her father then arose from his position on the ground, and gently caught his daughter's hand before walking away from the park, immersing her in stories and conversations to yank her thoughts away.

While her father was busy talking about the trip he wanted to go on as soon as possible, the little girl sneakily looked back at her mother to catch her burying the supposed card she had found in the soil surrounding the tree.

The little girl didn't know why her heart squeezed at the thought.

-

Author note:

This is not plagiarism, i'm the main author in Asianfanfics.com. I'm rectangular_smile.