White

incase you're all wondering, The prologue mentioned about Hani having a card, but in the previous chapter her parents claimed she didn't have any wielding gene. It's not a mistake I made, but a mystery. I hope I've made that clear. Oh and Chapter lengths might change from one to another - but no one would be under 2,8K okay?- sorry for the Typos beforehand!!

                     ***

"Urgh.. Shopping.." I whined unattractively while popping a red M&Ms in my mouth, looking slightly to the side at the fidgeting warrior beside me. At first my mother refused my taking him with me, claiming he would cause some major disturbance in the mall, especially with the way he was dressed. But with a lot of nagging – my speciality of course – my mom finally agreed to let me take him with me, making me promise to take his card with me and send him inside immediately if he does something bad. Though I wanted her to define bad, I couldn't possibly make that joke when she looked absolutely serious and distraught, making me wonder if this boy would actually cause such a thing.

While looking at him in the small period of time I had, I could conclude some things. First of all, he looked as harmless as a fly could be, just annoying the people by its presence and causing them pointless worry. He was also very fidgety, as he kept shaking at every single word I gave him, and every look I sent his way. I had debated what name I should call him, since my mom was very persistent on that, but so far my mind is completely blank.

I stared down at the list of items in my hands, a blank look on my face. My mother had always sucked in pinpointing the portions of things she wanted, and I always end up bringing either too many, or too little of what she desired, making me stagger right back at the shop and fix my mistakes as my mom likes to say. I usually fight with her because of that, complaining and nagging that it's always her fault she doesn't write how many she wants. Apparently though, she never seems to learn from that mistake, and ends up doing the exact same thing. 

I blew on a sigh, pointing down at the reddish tomatoes in front of me before looking at the curious warrior, whose eyes seemed to take in the sight of the round things.

"How many do you think we should take?" I started a conversation with him, taking one slightly green tomato in one hand, and a red one in the other hand, comparing the two together. Mom always told me to pick the fresh vegetables, and I found it extremely hard because they all looked the same to me despite the color differences they sometimes have. "I don't know, my lady." I snapped my head from the tomatoes I had in my hands when I heard his voice, and I could see him still eyeing the tomatoes with hunger for answers. I shrugged at his answer, feeling only a little crept out by the name he addressed me with.

"Do you know what these are? They are called tomatoes, we use them for so many meals," I explained to him, waving the food in my hand in front of his face. He looked at me like I had lost an eye or two, and I wondered if he felt as stupid as I felt while explaining these things to him. Then there was a shift in his orbs, and I could have sworn amusement was evident in them, but that emotion disappeared as soon as it came, and I was faced yet again with blankness.

"Thank you for enlightening me, my lady," I couldn't help but groan so loud at the absurdity of his words, though I couldn't stop the reddish hue from spreading along my cheeks. I've never been thanked for anything that I've done, because it isn't something to be thanked for or wowed about. It is mostly normal, even sometimes the stupid things that I may do or vocalize, just like right now. The words I have said to him were stupid, even if he didn't know what tomatoes are, and I just felt like an idiot saying that to him – even though I think he already knows what tomatoes are, and was thanking me for the sake of respect – I still felt like an absolute idiot. I stuffed both tomatoes I had collected in a bag that I had already grabbed from the dispenser, and they were soon joined by four or five more inside before shoving them into the trolly, before staggering away from the vegetables, the nameless warrior strolling behind me almost silently.