Ruby

I didn't know where I was, all I know is that fog is everywhere around me. I guided my eyes around me, trying to recall how exactly I got here. The place I found myself in was close to a forest, but an infinite version of it. There was also no trees whatsoever, and it looked like a green, dead clearing. The ground under me was moist, and I was barefooted. I wiggled my toes while eyeing them with disdain, feeling kind of grossed out with the damp texture under my feet. I glanced once more around me, noticing that there was a faint light surrounding me from all corners, but no sun is visible in the horizon.

The mist was too thick for me to make out anything in front of me. The weather was too cold as well, and I noticed I was wearing a kind of summer dress with navy blue flowers. My shoulders were exposed, and every time a gush of air brushed against them, I would shudder. I didn't know what this place was, I remember bidding my warriors goodnight and falling asleep on my bed, and then suddenly I'm here? Where is here anyways? I glanced around me again, this time more frantically, terror starting to invade all my senses.

"You have forgotten about me," a sleek voice of a male echoed from around me, from no apparent corner. His voice was soft and soothing; but also deadly shuddering. I took a shaggy breath in, my whole body starting to freeze as another breeze brushed against me.

"Release me..." the voice echoed around me like a broken record, and I snapped my head in all sides, hoping to catch the owner of the smooth voice. I couldn't even decipher from what corner or what way the voice was coming from. It seemed from nowhere and everywhere at once. The voice sounded buzzing, vibrating through the entire clearing I'm in. I then felt light touches of fingers on my shoulders, ghosting over my skin lightly.

I snapped my head backwards to catch the intruder, my heartbeats racing in my chest, and my legs buckling from under me. There was no one behind me, and I felt the blood in my face drain out in fear. I felt the light touch of cold fingers again, this time coming from behind me, and at the tips of my hipbones. I swerved around abruptly, wanting to catch the boy immediately. There was no one at all, and I was starting to panic.

"Who are you!" I yelled loudly, my shrieking echoing around me in broken statics. "Show yourself!"

"Release me, release me," the voice echoed in a surprisingly calm voice. The volume started decreasing drastically until I no longer heard it. I took a deep, shaking inhale, trying to keep my sanity in check. I turned around to check my surroundings once more, but there was a sudden blankness in my eyes, and I couldn't see anything besides darkness. I clawed at my eyes, but there was nothing on them that was blocking the light away, I was involuntarily closing my eyes shut by my own, and I didn't have the strength to open them willingly. Then suddenly, before I can open my mouth and let out a shriek, rough hands palmed my chest, and with a single move, they pushed me roughly to the back, making me lunge backwards on my butt.

Before I can touch the ground, I was jolted awake from my sleep with a loud exclaim. I straightened in my bed hurriedly, my head and back sweating buckets. I breathed heavily, clutching on my heart that was beating so feverishly inside my ribcage. What was that odd dream? Who exactly is that boy? And what does he need? What is even the meaning behind his words. Release me, he had said, release him from what?

His card?

I shook the stupid thoughts out of my head and glanced at my wrist watch. It was already three in the morning, school would start in four hours. I closed my eyes, any sleep within me evaporating in the air. I lifted the blankets away from my body and headed to the mini kitchen in my dorm room. Thankfully, I had stocked the mini fridge with all kind of liquids for my future training with Xiumin, and I gave myself virtual applause. I took a bottle of water and gulped down half of it in one go, the three cards of my warriors catching my attention. I had laid them over the counter before I fell asleep. I need a proper place or handbag I can put them in without any trouble. I sighed, took the three cards and kissed them.