Chapter 53

"Here you go." The barista said. "A Strawberries & Crème Frappuccino for Raiza and a Caramel Frappuccino for Rue."

"Thanks." I said, as I received the drinks. I walked out of Starbucks and looked for Rue. She was checking out a showcase's store.

"Raiza hurry up!" She said when she saw me. "We neeeeed to go inside!" I looked at the store and without having to see the sign, I knew which one was it. The store had a gothic, punk, and metal vibe, full of clothes targeted to various countercultures who are into music groups that are considered to be too bizarre and raw to go mainstream; Hot Topic.

"Ok but take your Starbucks first." I said, laughing and handing her coffee.

"Yes! Thank you." My gothic friend smiled and hugged me. "God, it's so good." She said after taking a long sip. I did the same and smiled when the sweet liquid filled my mouth. This was definitely one of my favourites. Rue grabbed my hand and dragged me inside the store. "Come on, come on! We have so shopping to do." She sang cheerfully, making me laugh.

'Hot Topic' had cool stuffs but I wasn't sure if I was going to find something for me; Rue for sure was going to. Well let's just take a look around, you never know.

"Ok, so first let's pick out everything we would like to try it on and then we'll meet at the fitting rooms!" My friend said excited. I smiled and nodded. Then she disappeared with a blink of an eye into the racks full of clothes.

"Ok, I guess I'll see what I find."

...

After going around the store I found a few things that I wanted to try on, so I headed over the fitting rooms and I sat down on a sofa that was in the corner waiting for Rue.

Ten minutes passed and my friend arrived with a pile of clothes in her hands. I burst into laughter when she almost bumped into the wall since she couldn't see anything.

"Don't laugh Raiza!" I heard her saying behind the enormous pile. "I could use a little help, you know?"

I nodded even though she couldn't see me and went to help her. "Are you going to try the whole store?" I asked between laughs as I held for her some of the stuff she brought; now at least I could see her face now.

"Hey, what can I say? There are too many fabulous clothes that need to be purchased." Rue laughed but soon her eyes widened when she saw what I've got. "Just 4 garments!?" She asked shocked. "NO WAY!"

I shrugged. "Of it all, these were the ones that caught my attention the most." A 'Green Plaid Bleached Out Top', a 'Cathedral Cross Long-Sleeved Blouse', a 'Skull Chiffon Hi-Lo Top' and a pair of 'Black Fishnet Skinny Jeans'.

"I thought we had said we were going to do some shopping." My friend said disappointed. "Oh shit! I brought you to a store that only has clothes that I would wear. I'm so stupid." I laughed when she face palmed herself. "I'm so sorry Raiza! I swear you'll pick the next one."

I rolled my eyes and laughed. "It's fine. Now, let's try them on."

The gothic girl nodded enthusiastically and headed over the third fitting room; I gave her the rest of her clothes and entered the fitting room next to hers.

I took off my shirt, with my back to the mirror. I've always hated seeing myself in the mirror with just my underwear. I'm really not comfortable about my body nor myself so I try to spend as little time as possible in front of the mirror.

"Raiza?" I heard Rue's voice snapping me out of my thoughts. "Are you ready? I want to show you this outfit oh my God!"

"Just a second!" I said, putting on the first top. I quickly took a look on the mirror and then got out.