Chapter 33

After we finished having lunch we thought it was a good idea to go to Venice Beach to relax a little bit. And we didn't want to go back to campus yet so it was very sounded very appealing.

As soon as we got there everyone got really excited and the atmosphere lighten up a little bit. Cam had been quiet the whole way to the beach. 

"A race to the beach?" Rue said smiling.

"Last one in is a rotten egg!" I yelled and started running.

"Hey! No!" Cam whined. "That's not fair. Come here, Raiza!"

I was laughing while I tried to run faster than my friends so they wouldn't catch me. At least Cam didn't seem mad anymore. I turned my head to look how far they were from me and Cam was getting closer while Rue was still a few meters away from him. I sped up increasing the distance until my feet finally touched the sand.

"I won!" I screamed in excitement. Suddenly I felt Cam's body colliding against mine and we both fell on the sand. I burst into laughter and Cam joined me along. The next thing I knew was Rue jumping over us.

"Dog Pile!" She sang.

"Oh my God! Rue, get off!" I said between laughs. "I can't breathe!" I couldn't stop laughing this was so much fun. I heard Cam telling Rue to get off too. Everyone was laughing and yelling, it was a funny and amusing messy situation.

When my psychic friend finally got off and I could finally breathe, we started walking on the sand and decided to sit down closer to the ocean.

I closed my eyes as the sea breeze caressed my face. I just love that feeling. This was definitely one of my favourite things about living in LA, without a doubt.

I'm not too much of a 'sunbathing' person but I lie down on the sand, put my sunglasses on and just relaxed for a little bit feeling the sunlight against my olive skin. Having going out with my friends had really help me to clear my mind and relaxed. I was having such a good time with them that even the oppression on my chest had gone.

I felt a small movement on my shoulder as if someone was shaking me. I didn't pay attention and I kept my eyes closed. Then again I felt it but this time stronger.

"Raiza." I heard Rue saying my name.

"Uh?"

"You fell asleep." She said laughing.

"I what?" I asked, trying to sit.

"You fell asleep." My friend repeated. "Come on, get up. It's time to go back to campus."

I looked at here confused. We just had got here how's that we're leaving. Wait... For how long I had been asleep? I hadn't even noticed that I had fell asleep in the first place! Oh God, I might be more tired than I thought.

"Ready girls?" Cam asked, walking towards us.

Rue nodded and offered me her hand to take. I looked at it and frowned. "I'm going to stay a little longer." I said.

"You sure?" Rue asked me. I smiled at her and nodded. Being at the beach had always helped me to forget about everything and kinda 'recharged myself' when I've been to overwhelmed.

"Call me if you need someone to pick you up, ok?" Cam whispered in my ear when he knelt to place a kiss on my cheek.

"You'll be my first choice." I said, smiling.

I waved my friends off as they got in Cam's car. I saw it drove off and disappeared between the cars on the traffic.

I looked at my watch to know what time was it. And I almost chocked when I saw it was 7:34 pm. And we had arrived here past 3 pm. Oh my fucking God! I slept like 4 hours. How none of my friends woke me up sooner!?

I stayed sitting on the sand until the sunset. I don't know, there's something about the them that enhances this special time of day. Maybe it’s because since the creation of earth, every evening the sun has set, and each one has been different. An ancient light show beyond comprehension and imagination.

I took out my camera out and snapped a photo in the exact moment when the sunset was on point. Beautiful.

I was feeling like taking a lot of pictures and going to the pier and take some pictures there sounded like a marvellous idea, so I headed there. 

I looked for a taxi or bus so I could get there faster but for some reason I didn't see any. I'll have to walk then, I thought to myself. I decided to walk on the sidewalk instead of the sand since it was the better way to get to the pier. I would take Ocean Front Walk and then Ocean Ave, and maybe on my way there I'll find a taxi or bus. It's an hour 10 minutes walk so I better find one.

After half an hour later I was already exhausting. Shit, I need to go to the gym more often. I took a deep breath and took out my phone. I was really considering calling Cam but soon got rid of the idea. I wasn't going to bother him since I wasn't going to go back to campus yet.

I was about to put my phone back on my jean's pocket when I almost dropped it because of a loud horn behind me. I thought that person was trying to tell me I was to near the street or something so I walked closer to the sand.

Then again I heard it.

"Stop bothering!" I yelled, moving my hand. "I already moved."

Once again the stupid horn.

"What!?" I said, turning around. It was a stupid guy on his motorcycle. He was wearing a black helmet and sunglasses but I still could feel he was looking straight at me. I started to feel uncomfortable and I didn't know why. "If you're trying to show off your motorcycle please look for someone else."

"Seems like what happened last night didn't affect your Tummo." The guy said in an amusing tone.

"Pardon me?"

I heard him laughing and then my face went pale when he took off the helmet and sunglasses and I saw who was it.

You've got to be kidding me.