Chapter 28

Rue and I stayed in our room talking and laughing until it was lunchtime and our stomachs began growling. We headed to the cafeteria to get some food and on our way there, I texted Cam to join us for lunch. 

A few minutes later my phone started buzzing and I thought it was a text from Cam but once I looked the screen I frowned.

'Unknown number'

I slid the bar to unlock my phone and I read the text message.

'I'm excited for tonight, babe :) x'

My face went pale. Who do fuck was it and why is this person calling me 'babe'? But most importantly, what is going to happen tonight? 

'I think you got the wrong number.' I typed trying to get rid of this creepy person, and then pressed sent.

'Nope. I got the right one. You're Raiza Esmond.'

'How the fuck do you know my name? Who are you?'

I looked at Rue and she hadn't noticed anything. Suddenly my phone started ringing and it was the unknown number. I didn't know whether to answer or not. What if it was a psycho?

"Babe." I heard someone said on the other side of the line when I gathered the courage to answer the call.

"W-who are y-you?" I stuttered on the phone.

"It's Zayn." 

"Zayn!?" All of sudden I got a huge feeling of relief when I heard that name.

"Yeah, I'm sorry didn't mean to scared you babe." He said laughing a little bit.

"Oh my fucking God, Zayn! I thought you were a psycho or something." I said, putting my hand on my chest. My heart was racing. "H-how did you get my number?"

"I grabbed your phone when I kissed you on the cheek and then called mine so your number would be save." He said chilled. Wow, I'm impressed. I didn't feel a thing when he grabbed my phone. 

"You don't waste time on trivial things like asking for numbers, you just grab them." I joked.

"Only when I'm really interested." He stated. "I don't take so much troubles for girls. Hope you're not mad, though."

I blushed at his compliment and was glad he wasn't in front of me to see me. "It's ok, I guess." 

Rue started bugging me about talking with Zayn on the phone so I told him I had to go. Before hanging up he told me to save his number so I didn't freak out and think he's a psycho next time he texts or calls me.

The cafeteria was already full and we had a hard time finding a table where to sit. Rue told me she was going to get our lunch meanwhile I looked for a table. 

I walked around the cafeteria for about 10 minutes, waiting for a table to be vacated but nothing. Suddenly, a girl caught my attention. She was waving at me and pointing at her table. Thank God! I walked towards her and thanked her.

I turned around to see if I visualized Rue on the line but there were too many people. I decided to sit down and checked my phone. A few seconds later I felt someone sitting next to me. I looked up thinking it was Cam.

"What are you doing here?" I asked coldly.

"I'm having lunch." Harry said, smirking. I looked at his hands and he didn't have anything.

"First of all, your hands are empty. Second, you're not sitting here. And third, I was very clear about not wanting you to be around me."

"No one walks away from me and has the nerves to leave me talking by myself." He said with a sinister tone. "You heard me, Raiza?"