Chapter 19

I was at the library getting ready the material that I was going to give Zayn. It was the best place to be undisturbed. Nothing but a deathly silent filled the room. I was the only one there, besides the old librarian. 

I had texted Cam saying I had to skip lunch because Mr. Aguilera's 'special assignment'. He texted me back saying he would save me something for me to eat later. God bless that boy. Cam was always so caring, I wish-

The sound of footsteps snapped me out of my thoughts and broke the silence that, just a few seconds ago, filled the room. I looked up from my notebook and poked my head between the stack of books to see who was the person making that noise.

An annoyingly familiar tidy mop of curls was walking towards me.

He.

Harry was dressed in impeccable black, as always. But this time he wasn't wearing his leather jacket, just a black tank top, which showed off all his tattoos and toned muscles. But something else caught my attention. Harry was holding that old journal by which once I almost died because I had taken it. "Were you drawing?" I asked.

"What?"

"Were you drawing?" I repeated, pointing at the object in his hand. "Or do you prefer to write?"

He looked down at his hand and then straight at me. "That's none of your business."

"There's nothing to be ashamed of." I said, frowning. "I do the same."

"Oh, so now you think you know me because we both have a journal." He said, sarcastically. "Don't be stupid."

Once again I tried to be nice with him but it's impossible. He always had to say something mean or hurtful. Whatever. I really don't have time for this. I stood up and started walking. I had better things to do than staying here putting up with his temper.

"Where are you going?" Harry asked.

"As you would say, that's none of your business." I said, being as 'nice' as he was being. Nice comeback, Raiza. Well done. I mentally patted myself on the shoulder.

...

When I woke up today it was a sunny morning in LA. But now, the sun had gone and only clouds were in the sky. Sometimes the weather can be so weird. Global warming, that's why.

I decided to go to my room and rest a little bit. My body was starting to feel all that hours on the library without having lunch. You can't live with just air, you know?

Note to self: food over study.

While I was walking to my dorm I felt like someone was watching me. I kept turning around to see if there was someone else but there was no one. At least not at sight. Maybe I'm just tired and hallucinating. And I need food.

Whatever.

Once I entered my dorm building the atmosphere changed drastically. It was cold as an iceberg. I heard stranger noises coming from behind me. And that was when I saw it. With the corner of my eye I managed to see a dark figure standing near the bending machine. Chills ran down my spine, making goosebumps covered my skin.

"Who's there?" I asked, trying to remain calm. I needed to make sure it wasn't my imagination or just another student who I haven’t seen. I didn't want to make a scene or freak out for nothing.

Deathly silence.

No one answered.

I heard footsteps getting closer and closer. I was about to turn around but something inside me stopped me from doing it. Instead, I began running as fast as I could.

I wasn't seeing where I was going. All I knew was that I needed to get to my room. And fast. When I turned on the corner I bumped into someone and almost fell.

"Wow, careful were you going." A guy said, holding my arms.

"I-I'm so-rry." I stammered.

"Are you ok? You look a little pale." I nodded.

Behind him, I noticed there were more students on the hallway near my room. I let out a sigh in relief. Knowing there was more people and that I wasn’t alone at the dorms made me feel better. And safe. Whatever was behind me it wouldn’t do anything if more people was here.

I gave him a small smile and started walking to my room.

Something caught my attention when I got closer.

There was a small box with a folded paper with my name written on it. I knelt to pick it up and then I unlocked the door. I dropped the notebook on my bed and sat down. Who could have left this here? Well, there's only a way to find out.

I unfolded the paper and there was something written inside.

"Your favourite.

Eat. I don't want you to starve.

Love,

C. x" 

As soon as I finished reading the letter a wide smile appeared on my face. Cam was so sweet with me. He was the perfect guy, indeed. And he had really nice cursive handwriting, which was weird on a guy. But like a good weird. I should stop rambling around.

I opened the box and there was a delicious chocolate muffin inside. It made my mouth water. It smelled so good! I hadn't eaten since breakfast and that was too many hours ago. I was starving. Oh my God, I love you Cam, I thought while I took the first bite of the muffin.

"I want to marry you." I said, looking at the small cake on my hand. "You're the love of my life, sweet fluffy thing."

I laughed at things I was saying. I was such a dork. Let's just say it was the lack of food's fault, ok? 

Suddenly there was a knock on my door. I was so distracted that it made me jumped out of my skin.

Once I recomposed myself from the fright, I whined and got up. "Coming!" I said. Ugh. Who dared to interrupt my delicious meal? It better be good. 

I walked towards the door and slowly turned the door handle and opened it.

I dropped my muffin when I saw who it was.