Chapter 10

Raiza's POV

It was Saturday afternoon and my first week at UCLA was officially over.

Thank God.

I was on my way to meet up with Cam and Rue. We thought that maybe going out of campus on the weekend would be a great idea to get away from anything college related. And since I didn't have the best first week here, because of not being able to sleep well, stupid projects with stupid people...

Harry.

He hasn't bothered me since I basically told him that he was an asshole and he will die alone. And that was on Tuesday.

That was good, right? I mean, that he hasn't bothered me, not that he dies. Jeez, I'm starting to talk nonsense.

But I had this feeling all week since that happened. I felt like crap for telling him that. Maybe I was too hard on him. I mean, I don't know him and maybe he has troubles and he puts up this whole 'bad boy' act.

Speaking of the devil.

He was sitting with his back against the wall and his hands on the back of his neck. There was nobody else on the hallway besides us.

"Ok, Raiza." I said to myself. "It's now or never."

I walked towards him with a steady pace. Just remain calm Raiza, I said to myself. Let's remain this civilized.

Once I was in front of him, I took a deep breath before saying anything. "Hi." I said in a calm voice.

Harry lowered his shades, leaving his intense green orbs visible. "Well, well, well. Sabía que volverías, cariño. Everyone does."

"I didn't come back for what you're thinking." I said, trying not to sound like I was starting to get angry. Remember, stay calm Raiza. Stay calm.

"You speak Spanish?" He asked, surprised.

"Yeah, my mum's Latina." To be honest, I was surprised that he, an English dude, sounded very good and fluent in Spanish. "Anyway. I came here for something else, not that." He smirked and pat the spot next to him, inviting me to sit with him. I ignored him. "I wanted to apologize to you."

"What?" My statement seemed to catch Harry off guard. The smirk in his face disappeared and his eyes widened. It lasted only a few seconds because soon he recomposed himself.

Was he really going to make me say it again? Ugh. "I wanted to apologize to you. About what happened between us, all the fights and hurtful comments. We hardly know each other and all we do is fight. I was rude and since college is a whole new experience, I may be a little too sensitive and grumpy. It's just this week I haven't been able to sleep well."

I waited for him to say something. But he kept looking at me with this strange look in his eyes. "Did you hear what I just say?" I waved my hand in front of his face. Suddenly, Harry grabbed my hand. His movement was so fast that it looked blurry. I blinked a few times, trying to adjust my sight. Goosebumps covered my skin as soon as I felt his touch, and quickly this electric shock expelled both of us. Like when you put two opposite forces together and sparks flies.

I hit my back on the wall and let out a moan. I landed a few meters away from where previously we were standing. "Wh-what was that?" I asked, shaking. I was lying on the floor and Harry was on the other side of the hallway, looking at his hand.

I still felt this heat on my skin, in the exact same place Harry's hand had been just few seconds ago.

"I have to go." He said, with a husky voice. Harry stood up and before I could say anything he was already gone. 

I needed to catch my breath so I stayed sitting on the floor for a while. I was still shaking. What the hell did just happen? I couldn't find any possible explanation to that. Yeah, sure, people sometimes give electric shocks to others but that's because they rub against an object with a certain property, it causes static electricity build-up and stuff. And that would never be enough to expel someone meters away from their former position. What happened had to be something else. I'm not crazy. Harry felt it too.

I looked at my watch and I had to meet with Cam and Rue 10 minutes ago. I better keep going before they start getting worried. And for sure I didn't want that. How will I explain this?

I stood up putting my hands on the wall in search of support. My legs were still a little weak and I didn't trust my body yet. I needed to compose myself before we leave campus. Took a deep breath and started walking.

Once I got to the main entrance I saw the guys sitting on a bench. Cam looked worried and Rue seemed off. Shit. That didn't look good. I ran towards them hoping they weren't mad.

"I'm so sorry for the delay." I said apologizing.

"Raiza!" They said, excited.

"Why did it take you so long?" Cam asked me.

Rue looked at him and laughed. "What Cam's trying to say is if you had any troubles on your way here." Rue's eyes scanned my face very carefully, looking for any sign that gave away what happened.

Damn she was good.

I smiled and simply shook my head. "Nah, I just didn't notice the time." I lied. 

"Ok, shall we go then girls?" Cam asked us.

We both nodded and followed him to a car that was parked nearby. It was a black Porsche Cayenne, really nice. I didn't know we were going by car but I was glad we were. I would have more time to gather myself. "Who's car is this?" I asked intrigued.

"Mine." Cam said, smiling. "I thought it would be easier if we go there by car."

"And where are we going?" We didn't quite talk about a specific place when we planned going out of campus. 

"Well, we wanted to release tension so what better than an amusement park to do it."

"We're going to Disneyland!" Rue said excited.

"Disneyland!?" I said, joining Rue in her excitement. That was the best idea ever. "Oh my God, Cam! You're a genius!" I hugged him and he started laughing.

"Glad you like the idea." He gave me a smile. "Let's go then!"

I got on the passenger sit next to Cam, while Rue got on the back. "Disneyland where coming for ya!" I screamed, making my friends laughed.

Going there it's going to be so much fun! Just imagine, three 20-year-old college students going to Disneyland. I laughed by just imagining it. But hey! You're never too old to go to an amusement park.