Chapter 48

Saturday evening and I surprisingly had plans with no less than Harry. Who would had thought? Yesterday he had brought me back to campus and asked me if I wanted to go with him to some place where he had to go with his motorcycle. I really didn't ask much about it since didn't have anything better to do; Rue had a date with Matt and Cam had to work on a project for a class we don't have together. So instead of being alone in my room I decided to go with him.

We agreed on meeting at the East parking lot at 7:30 pm; first we would go by his house and then to wherever we were supposed to be going.

I was sitting reading a book while I waited for him to arrived; he was 15 minutes late. I'm not really good at waiting for people, I get impatient and it bothers me. I like punctuality, like is not that hard to arrive on time.

I decided to text him and see where he was.

'I'm tired of waiting for you. Where are you?'

'Look behind you, angel. x'

I turned my head and he was sitting on his motorcycle smiling. I let out a groan and walked towards him. He took off his helmet and handed it to me. "I've been waiting for you for 15 minutes!" I said, hitting him with my book. "Where were you? I was about to leave."

"I was here." He said still smiling.

"Stop lying."

"I'm not lying." A frown appeared on his face when I didn't believe what he was saying. "I was right here. I arrived 15 minutes ago."

"Yeah sure. So you left me waiting for 15 minutes even though you were parked right here? Why would you do that?"

"I was watching you." He said nonchalant.

"W-what?" My eyes widened when I heard him say that.

"I was watching you read. You were really into reading that book and a strand of your brown hair kept dipped in front of your face and you effortlessly tucked it behind your ear, over again." "It was interesting to see how a book made you so happy. You smiled every 10 seconds. And I lost track of time; when you texted me the time had already slipped up on me."

I looked at him confused by what he had said. He had been watching me reading all this time? No way. Harry must be pulling my leg. Why he would have been staring at me for that long? I decided to let it go and put my book on my bag, took Harry's helmet and put it on. I hopped on and wrapped my arms around his waist so I didn't fall.

"May I ask what were you reading?" The curly haired guy suddenly asked.

"Charles Bukowski." I said. 

"You read Bukowski?" He asked, surprised and turning his head.

"Yeah." I lifted my head from his back and titled my head. "You don't seem like the type that likes poetry but you should read some of his books."

"In fact, I do." Harry said, frowning. "He's one of the few people who really unmasks human nature and how he delves into his youth to analyse its repercussions it's quite interesting considering how human kind is."

"You're confusing." I said, not really thinking about it.

I earned a laugh from him, which made me smile for some reason. "So are you." Harry turned around and started the engine. "Ready angel?" I held on tight and nodded.

...

I sat at one of the sofas Harry had on his backyard. He said he was going to check some things for his motorcycle before leaving. I took out my book again and continue reading. But to be honest, I couldn't concentrate when I remembered what he had said earlier. I groaned and put my book back into my bag. What was I supposed to do while Harry was busy? I got up and started walking around the yard. It was enormous, full with plants and a huge pool. I didn't know how a college student could have this type of place all for himself; he was the owner of a huge mansion on a really exclusive community. HOW? I had a feeling he was hiding something but I was scared of asking.

I walked over to some kind of garage Harry had at the end of the backyard, he had been in there for an hour or so; the door was opened so I poked my head to see what was he doing. He was knelt in front of his motorcycle with his back to me, and I quickly found myself in some sort of trance looking at the way he moved; effortlessly and gracefully.

Harry suddenly stood up and took his shirt off, giving me a complete view of his toned back. It had the slightest hunch and the way his shoulder blades were so perfectly intertwined. His back was so curvy and lengthy and had the perfect indents. I felt my cheeks grew warm when I noticed I couldn't take my eyes off it.

"Liking what you see, angel?" He looked at me sideways, a smirk forming on his lips. 

I could feel my whole face red while I mumbled something I couldn't even understand myself. I turned around quickly to get out of there but failed when my feet stumbled with some box of tools that were on the floor. Prepare for a painful and embarrassing fall, I thought as I shut my eyes and waited for the fall. But surprisingly it never happened. I opened my eyes and saw that Harry was dangerously close to me; his breathing against my skin.

"Such a clumsy girl." Harry whispered in my ear. "Or am I making you nervous?"

"I-I'm not ner-vous." I said, not sounding as secure as I wanted to. "C-Could y-ou ple-ase put your t-shirt on?" I was trying not to touch his bare torso but he was making it really hard by pulling me closer to him. My hands bumped into his pectorals and, without thinking straight, went down his torso tracing all this tattoos that were new to me; starting from the swallows till the pair of leaves on his hips.

"You sure you want me to put a shirt on?" The sound of his raspy voice sending shivers throughout my body.

I shook my head and once my reasoning and judgment came back, making me realized what I was doing I stopped tracing his tattoos and quickly took my hands off his torso. "I mean, yes!" I cleared my thought. "Yes, put a shirt on." I stepped back, breaking his grip around my waist. I looked away as Harry grabbed the t-shirt that was on the floor.

"Want to help me, baby?" He said, smirking as he handed it to me. I turned around and left the garage. I heard him laughing as I left, which made me blush even more. At this time I must look like a tomato.

I went near the pool and let out a deep sigh. I looked at the sky and closed my eyes, now taking a deep breath trying to relax. He always knows how to make me blush or feel nervous.

"Come on, we're going to be late." The curly haired guy said, grabbing my hand as he led me to door.

"Late for what?" I asked, intrigued.

"You'll see, angel." He said, smirking whilst lifting his arm over my head and placing it on my shoulder gently, pulling me closer to him.