Chapter 40

Lunchtime was pretty good. Finally I could eat my food in peace, no fighting or shouting. Just me, my food and my friends.

I still needed to talk with Niall. I tried to do it while we were going to our final class of the day with Ms. Salgotto but failed since Harry wouldn't leave my side. I really don't know what came over him. First the kiss, then the fight and now the really possessive or overprotective behaviour. Could just a harmless rose trigger all this?

'Science for Imaging' went by pretty slow since all I could think of was on Niall's note and Harry's behaviour. And well, having one sitting next to me and the other one behind didn't help much either. Guys say we are the ones hard to understand but they haven't realized how complex they are either! I just don't want to make a mistake again by giving Harry another chance and then that he ends up disappointing me once again. And Niall isn't making it easy to decide either. Besides, how could I overlook what happened and almost happened last night? You can't, my subconscious stated.

I walked out of the classroom not really paying attention to what was happening around me so when I felt someone's hand on my waist I nearly died of fright.

"Didn't mean to scare you, baby." Harry said laughing slightly. I stayed looking at him and he cocked his head and smile. "Where are you going?" He suddenly asked.

"I'm going to go for a walk and to take some pictures." I said showing him the camera on my bag.

"I'll go with you." He moved his arm over my head and put it around my shoulder, pulling me closed to his body. In that moment for some reason I felt so small, like I was a little girl. Why he has to be so tall? Or why I have to be so short?

"You want to go with me?" I was surprised. Why Harry was acting like this? I'm still so confused about his erratic behaviour. 

"Yeah, so you don't miss my amazing company." He said leaning closer to me. "Just admit that everything is dull when I'm not around you, Raiza."

"I think we should keep going." I said, changing the subject. Harry laughed and I rolled my eyes at him. I started walking and soon I heard his footsteps getting closer, seconds later he was next to me.

After a while we found a good spot where to sit and just chill. I took some really nice photos as well. I looked over at Harry and he seemed lost in his thoughts. I smiled just looking at the scene; an urge of wanting to take a picture of him came over me and I took a snapshot. Before I could see the photo my camera was suddenly taken out of my hands. I lifted my head and saw Harry frowning and holding it.

"Don't you ever do that, you heard me?" He said angry. He was looking at me and I really thought was going to smash my camera onto the ground in any second.

"Harry, calm down." I began saying. "It was just a photo."

"Did you see it?" I looked at him confused. Why was he overacting about a simple photo? "I said, did you see it!? Answer me goddammit!"

"No!" I yelled. "No, I didn't! God! What's your damn problem? Just delete it. I don't fucking care."

Harry looked at the photo for a few seconds and then deleted it. He then looked at me and let out a deep sigh. "I just don't like photos." He shrugged.

"No shit Sherlock! I didn't notice."

"I'm sorry, angel." He kneeled down and played with a lock of my hair.

"Oh, I see. So now we dropped 'baby' and use 'angel' instead?" I said, sarcastically. 

"What if I did?" He said, smirking.

"I don't like you calling me names." I said, frowning. "I have one and it's Raiza. I don't know how many times do I have to tell you."

"It stays then, angel." The grin on his face grew wider.

"God! You're impossible!" I covered my face. "You just do it because you know it pisses me off, don't you?" Harry just smirked and lay down on the grass. God, how I hate this guy. "You know, for being a friend you're really cheeky and flirtatious." I said. "You don't call your friends 'couplely name'. You call them by their names."

"'Couplely'?" He laughed. "So now you invent words, angel?"

I gave him a you're-such-a-dork look. He obviously won't stop calling me 'angel' but at least it was better than 'baby'. "As a friend you're as exhausting as when we fought, Harry. And even more."

"Oh, you know you love being my friend." Harry said with a cheeky smile on his face. His British accent sounded more appealing than ever. "I spice up your life. I give it that little 'dangerous/fun' touch." He winked.

"Don't flatter yourself, asshole." I said. 

"Well... That wasn't what you thought last night when you practically begged me to kiss you."

"Didn't we agree that you were going to leave me alone once the whole 'going out' thing ended?" 

Harry started moving towards me without leaving my eyes. I started to move backwards until my back hit with the trunk and I couldn't move anymore. He got closer and started tracing my neck first and then went up to my jawline. "And didn't I tell you that when that was over you wouldn't want me to leave you alone, angel?" He whispered inches away from my lips. "It seems one of us was lying and the other was telling the truth."

"I-I have t-to go." I stammered. I took my bad and quickly left. I heard Harry laughing but I didn't dear to look back. I'm scared of what I'm feeling, of what he makes me feel.

I ran to my dorm building. I needed to lock myself on my room and disconnect from the world. And I was feeling a little dizzy too; maybe my blood pressure is low. Oh shit, I know what's wrong... It has come that time of the month. Damn period.

As I entered the dorm building I saw lot of students on the hallway chilling around and laughing. Everyone seemed having a good time for being a boring Monday. I guess there are no 'boring Mondays' on college.

"Have you heard about the attacks?" I heard a brunette girl whispering on the hallway. I stopped on my tracks and tried to listen carefully.

"Yes! OMG I'm so scared." Her friend said. "The campus security haven't say anything so people don't panic but everyone knows something bad is going on."

"I know. And that attack on the woods to a girl! It is say that she almost died."

"She could've been the fourth victim. There are three people dead by now." The brunette girl said horrified. "I don't know why they didn't ask the police to help they reinforce security. I don't feel safe here."

"Hi." I greeted them. "I'm sorry to bother you like this but... Uhm... Were you guys talking about some attacks?" The both girls looked at each other and then back at me. They nodded. "Could you please tell me what's going on?"

"Lately there have been happening strange things." The other girl began saying. "People are saying that someone has been following students around and attacked them. We've heard three people have died. The police said it probably had been some party that went wrong. You know... Drugs and alcohol."

"It's college after all." The brunette girl suddenly spoke. "They just down played it so it didn't catch everyone's attention. 'Bad publicity for college'."

"Who ever is doing this knows exactly how to remain unknown." The other girl spoke again. "But it has to be more than one person. At least 3 because the way the attacks were done are similar yet different. But who knows... Maybe they are even more."

The dark figure. It has to be it.

But there could be more than one of these things going around and attacking people?

Knowing I haven't been the only one it kinda gave me a feeling of tranquillity since this was a proof that I wasn't going mad, that it was actually happening and no a product of my imagination. But it also terrified me that 3 people had died and that I could have been one of them.