Chapter 2 A trip to the past

"I don't understand why we can't just fight the Androids now." said Trunks.

"We don't know how much of the strength there holding back right now." said Gohan, "Our best chance is to go back to the past and warn everyone."

Gohan sighed. "If that antidote is ready yet then we can save my father's life."

"Gohan!" snapped Trunks, "This is NOT about your father!"

"Trunks! Dad was the strongest out of all of the gang. If he is still alive he can beat the Androids easily. You'll know when you meet him, there's something about him that makes you feel secure."

(Soundtrack: Dare - Stan Bush)

"It's ready!" Bulma called out for her lab. "The medicine is ready!"

Bulma ran out of the lab holding a small medicine bottle.

"And don't forget your dad's power pole."

The time machine was ready at last!

"By the way Bulma," said Gohan, "Did you even finish improving my old sword that Piccolo gave me?"

Bulma smiled, "Oh yes, the blade is even stronger now and the blade can extend like the power pole."

Bulma tosses the sword and it's sheath to Trunks.

"For me?"

"It was my idea." said Gohan, "I haven't use that sword in many years. It's yours now."

Trunks slipped on the sheath and hostered the sword.

"Okay boys." said Bulma as Gohan and Trunks climbed inside of the time machine, "Good luck to you."

"By the way mom," said Trunks, "Who's going to protect you?"

Bulma laughed, "I'm going to Kami's lookout with Master Roshi, Oolong and pu'ar. I'll be fine."

The top to the time machine closed and the time machine disappeared from sight.