His Love

Amani blinked slowly. Her eyes felt heavy, the buzzing of white lights and machines surrounded her. As her eyes adjusted, she saw a familiar face. Something pressed against her chest. Small thumps coming and going.

Thump...Thump

His eyes were a soft brown, tears threatened to spill from them. She wanted to say his name, it was there on the tip of her tongue. Yet something was suppressing it. Something was holding her from knowing his name.

She studied his face, shaggy brown hair, a toothy grin and soft brown eyes. Markings etched on to his face. The scent of pine and earth filled her. Amani found herself reaching out to him. His warm hand touched hers. A warmth flushed across her cheeks.

Kiba had sat there for several hours. He had found that the others were visiting Amani less and less. Over the last month though, Kiba and Neji had gotten to know each other and Kiba was growing to respect him. Neji came to know that out of all of the men, Kiba was the only one worthy of his sister.

When Kiba felt the tears forming in his eyes, the idea of never seeing into her beautiful eyes it pained him so much. So when he heard her voice, barely a whisper but still her voice. The tears poured out. A wave of relfief filling him. Amani had placed her hand on his cheek and he covered hers.

"I thought you weren't going to wake up. I missed you so much Amani", he whispered.

Amani felt her heart beat again. Her eyes lingered on his lips for a moment before she pulled away. "Who are you... you seem familiar but it's all so foggy", she looked down.

Kiba felt his heart clench in his chest. He looked away and got to his feet. "I'll go get lady Tsunade", he paused for a moment and leaned down. His lips pressed against Amanis forehead softly .

Kiba left the room and pressed his back to the door. He knew she knew him and it was probably just a side effect from the coma but it still hurt. The idea of his bunny not knowing who he was, it was almost unbearable. He walked down the corridor and ran into the hokage.

"Lady Tsunade! It's Amani!", Kiba called out.

The hokage turned to him. Her face studied his and for a brief moment she feared the worse. "She is awake. Please come with me", Kiba headed back to her room.

They pushed into Amanis room and Tsunade studied her patient. Amani looked up at the hokage with pale eyes. Recognition and confusion was evident in them.

"It is so good to see you awake. I'm going to ask you a few questions", the hokage picked up a board.

"Do you know who I am", Amani thought hard for a moment then shook her head.

Tsunade nodded slowly and moved on. "What can you tell me about yourself?".

"My name is Amani Hyuga. I am a member of the anbu... though I don't want to be. I have lost all my comrades. I am cursed", her eyes glanced over to Kiba, "and my heart beats for him".

Kiba blushed furiously at this statement. Tsunade smiled and checked over her before smiling. "You just need a trigger to get rid of the fog on your brain", she turned to Kiba and wiggled her brow, "I'll leave that to you Kiba. Amani you are free to go but come back tomorrow morning".

Kiba saw Amani stand up. Her legs were weak and she swayed. Kiba caught her as she began to fall. On accident, he found his hand against something soft and squishy. Curiously Kiba squeezed and heard Amani breath  little sharply.

"Um Kiba was it? Could you um let go of my chest", she squealed.

Kiba blushed redder and pulled away.  He couldn't help but feel a little cocky with how she had responded to his touch. I'll need to explore that option later.... Her memories first.

"How about we get you out of here for a bit. I'm sure your family will want to see you later but they are busy this now....so guess you are stuck with me bunny", he grinned a little.

"Bunny?", she asked curiously. A warmth spread from her toes to her ears.

"Ya cause you are my bunny. Now hop along", he laughed.

Amani blushed a little and looked at her gown. "I need clothes...", Amani looked at Kiba.

"Right clothes... hm ", Kiba opened the window and howled. Amani watched as a large white dog pounced into the room.

Akamaru lunged against Amani, his tail wagging happily. Then the hound turned to his partner.

"Akamaru can you go to the house and get a spare set of clothes. Hurry", Kiba asked his friend.

Once akamaru had come back, clothes in mouth. Kiba left the room to allow Amani to get dressed. Amani slid on the baggy quarter length shirts and the ninja vest. She pulled the fur hooded jacket over her small frame. His scent was surrounding her. A flicker came into her mind. A stream and trees. Crying and being held by him...

Amani shook her head and opened the door. Kiba gulped at the sight of her. Her long hair was frizzy and hastily tied in a bun. Her neck was sticking out. Her fingertips barely made it passed the end of the jacket sleeves. He could smell his scent mixed with hers.

"Um there better", he coughed

The pair slowly walked through the village. As the passed by the bakery, Amani felt a pang of pain in her chest. Then more images flickered in her head. She looked over at Kiba who smiled. "You look a little uncomfortable, want to go to the forest?", he asked.

Amani nodded, villagers were looking at her oddly. Kiba took her hand and pulled her out of the village. As they walked into the woodland, Kiba hadnt let go of Amanis hand, not that she was complaining. With every step another image filled her head. The fog was lifting.

"Lets rest here", Kiba smiled. They were at the steam.

Amani blushed at the faint memory. His lips on hers, his touch pushing her to the limits... slowly she leaned up and kissed him.

"Kiba...", Amani finally whispered.

"My heart... it beats for you".