A Jounins Strength

The sky was covered in dark clouds, thunder rumbled in the distance. Amani looked up at the sky and let the first droplets of rain splash against her face. Whilst many of the villagers ran for shelter, the young ninja walked carefree through the streets. It was eight o'clock in the morning, she had her jounin exam in four hours so Amani had opted for some last minute training. She left the village and as she passed by the gate guards she offered up a small smile.

Kotetsu looked at her, he remembered the blank expression from the day prior and yet today she offered a smile.

"Ah Amani, heading out for training?", Amani nodded and exited through the large gate. She glanced at the forest the surrounded her village before she took off in the direction of team nines old training grounds.

Amani looked at the large stone that stood proudly in the centre of the medow. Going to it, her fingers ran over the sharp edges that held the names of her teammates. Her fingertips traced the letters that made up Mina and she bit her lip as a memory flooded in.

"Um Mina what are you doing?"

"Oh I'm writing out names! So that way we can always remember this place!"

"Why do we need to remember this place?"

"That's obviously Amani! Because it's here where team nine became more than a Team! We became a family."

"And our names being here is a way to remember that?"

"Yup! Even though we will be a team forever, it's always nice to have more than just memories!"

Amani felt a tear slip down her cheek, it fell to the ground with the rest of the rain. I guess you were right Mina. We do need more than just memories.

She shook her head and raised her fist, intense amounts of black chakra swelled up. She plunged her hand into the stone and allowed the chakra to engrave the symbol for the leaf village. Amani began her training after that. She weaved her shadows in and out of the rain drops. Created blood clones and chose to spar with them.

For every movement that Amani made, each step was silent. Her memories haunted her so she pushed herself harder. It's my fault. I was too weak. Never again.

After hours of non stop training she stopped. Amani caught her breathe before heading back to the village for her test. She made her way to the anbu headquarters where it would take place. A distant pain thrummed in her mark, the idea of being back in this place made her feel bitter. Not now Amani. Close those emotions of yours.

Arriving at the large indoor training grounds, Amani stood in the centre. Lord Danzo and the hokage sat on a higher up platform whilst several of the Anbu black ops stood in the stand, curious about the barely seen member of their core. Uzuki jumped in front of Amani and grabbed her arm.

"This isn't going to be easy. They will not hold back so neither should you. Good luck ", Uzuki stepped away. Amani grunted in response.

"Now let us begin. The first test shall determine if you, Amani Hyuga, are capable of jounin level combat", Ibiki spook.

Three jounin ninja jumped down, Kakashi Hatake, Might Guy and Shikaku Nara. They looked at the young woman each remembering her as a child. Kakashi was still trying to get over the fact that she was this grown up now. Guy studied her and saw the wrappings around her legs that were meant for keeping in weights. He noticed the bandages, similar to that of what Lee wore. Shikaku was at first shocked when he was told he was selected to test a powerful ninja to become a jounin. It was rare for him to be chosen for such tasks. However now he was standing there the faint glimmer of familiarity of the girl in front of him, he remembered how his son would gush over her.

Amani looked up at them and met their eyes. The fierce look was enough to get them pumped.

"Lady Tsunade don't you think three is too much. They are all so powerful in their own right", Shizuni asked her teacher. Tsunade laughed slightly and looked at her right hand.

"Trust me. Three is going to make it the challenge. And these three have been hand picked by her sensie. Shikaku is a expert with shadows and Uzuki claimed the Amanis main approach with ninjutsu these days is shadow manipulation. Guy is our best tijutsu so he will prove a great opponent to test her skills".

"And what about Kakashi?".

"Well Kakashi is Kakashi ", Tsunade smirked then watched as the battle began.

Kakashi and Shikaku leaned against the wall as they saw Guy grin. "I shall be your first opponent, come at me with everything you have. Show me the power of your youth!", Guy waited for her to make the first move.

Uzuki smirked and shook her head at her love. You will probably regret that.

Amani clench her firsts and moved at lightning speed. Guy barely blocked her first attack. The gust of wind that came from the impact was enough the crack the wall. Kakashi opened his eyes in shock and lifted the headband off his sharingan.

Guy moved faster, his kicks and punches leaving dents in the surrounding area.

"I see you are a worthy opponent. Very well then. Let us get serious Amani!", Guy grinned and dropped the weights off his legs causing a impact on the ground.

"As you wish guy sensie", Amani did the same and the explosion caused Guy to be shocked.

Amani moved four times as fast and all that most of the bystanders could see were slight sparks.

"This is it Amani", Guy raised his leg high and raised it down on to Amanis arm. It should have caused a break but instead it was guy who found himself being spun and flying into a wall.

"Hey Kakashi what just happened?", Shikaku asked the silver haired ninja curiously.

"Erm Amani just stopped Guys powerful leg attack with her hand and sent him flying", Kakashi laughed nervously. She has gotten so strong...

Guy stood up and cracked his neck. He put his hand up signalling for the next jounin. He limped slightly to the wall and leaned against it.

"Good luck Shikaku. She is strong", Shikaku put down his bottle and walked over to her.

"This is such a drag", he muttered and Amani giggled lightly. He looked up at her and raised a brow.

"What's so funny?".

"You just remind me of Shikamaru", Amani said. Shikaku nodded and the match began.

This is going to be amusing. Let's see how strong your girl is, Shikamaru.