The Eternal Slumber

Tsunade sat on the bed as she observed the young woman. The crystal had shattered but now Amani was comatose. Her skin was paler and her hair fanned out. It had been a month already, Tsunade smiled sadly at the girl.

"Shizuni go and get her family. She is getting worse", Tsunade told her student.

Shizuni nodded sadly and went to Hyuga compound. Amanis room was surrounded in flowers. The hokage noticed that each of the flowers were from certain men. She saw a copy of Icha Icha on the bedside. A shogi board sat by the window. A single cherry blossom flower was curled in her hand and a bunny teddy by her side.

"I wonder how they will handle the news", the hokage sighed as she awaited for the Hyuga clan.

Neji was frantic with worry, he had barely slept. Now here he was with his uncle and cousin looking at his pale sister. "My lady, you asked for us?", Hitachi asked.

"It has been a month with no improvements. Her vitals are being worse and her chakra isn't mixing with the medical chakra", Tsunade looked down at Amani and back at her uncle. "As her head relative you are responsible for this heavy decision" 

Hitachi looked at the hokage a little confused before a grim expression came to him. "What kind of decision?".

Neji was holding Hinata as she broke down. "At the rate she is going, Amani is in great pain. Her chakra is burning up and her chakra points seem to be blocked. The seal is close to breaking and if it does she will die. The decision I am asking you to make is not a easy one. Either have her chakra network shut down. This will leave a chance of her surviving however she won't be a ninja anymore", the hokage saw how Neji frowned at this option.

"What is the other option".

"We continue as we have. Hope that she gets better some how. It will be another two months until she either dies or miraculously wake up".

Hitachi looked at his niece and before he could respond, Neji stepped in. "Uncle please. Amani would hate to not be a ninja. It is what she has trained to all her life. She would rather we wait and see", Neji looked at his sister. "She is like my father. Brave and strong. She is a fighter".

Hitachi nodded and told the hokage to wait. Hinata walked over to her cousin and activated her byakugan. She wanted to see how bad it was. She saw her cousins chakra network confused. Her chakra was moving in three separate directions. She pointed this out to the hokage who looked shocked.

"How is that possible? The body does this just before death but she isn't shown any of the symptoms ", Tsunade grabbed Amanis chart.

The chart stated that she had no chakra response except for building up.  The hokage kneeled down and observed Amani closely. "Hinata could you get me Shikamaru and Shikaku Nara", she asked.

Hinata ran off to the Nara compound.

°●°●°●°●°●°●°●°●°

Amani felt heavy, everything was aching. She found herself chained within her mind. The darkness was calling to her but she couldn't go. She couldn't die.

Sometimes she would hear noises echoing outside her body. Though it was hard for her to figure out who was speaking. Often the shadow within her would try and convince her to sleep but Amani knew that if she dared to sleep, she would join the eternal slumber for the rest of her life.... which was forever.

°●°●°●°●°●°●°●°●°●°●°●°

Shikaku and Shikamaru arrived at the hospital. Shikamaru had come here everyday for the last month. When he had seen Hinata run towards him with a defeated expression, he feared the worse.