To Battle

Shikamaru stood at the front gates of the village along with Ino and Choji. Kakashi walked over to them as Tsunade was yelling.

"I'll go with them", he declared. Just like that the four of them were after them headed after the two akustuki that had killed Asuma.

Amani was walking the streets still unable to sleep. Her eyes looked up at the early morning sun as she thought about all she had lost. She saw Tsunade approach her.

"Ah Amani I was just thinking on sending for you. I sent Shikamaru, Choji and Ino along with Kakashi to deal with the akustuki. I want you to go catch up with them. They shouldn't be too far away", she declared.

"Yes my lady", Amani nodded and quickly headed to the compound to change.

Her eyes were still green and her hair had remained black. She grabbed a purple outfit and her ninja tools before heading out.

 She grabbed a purple outfit and her ninja tools before heading out

She ran out of the village and tracked the teams footsteps. She ran after them as fast as she could, anything for a go at the cloak wearing bastards.  Amani was around one hour behind them. By the time she had arrived she saw Shikamaru and Kakashi facing off with two of the Akatsuki.  As she was about to approach them she saw Shikamaru run off without any back up. She looked between the two and slammed her hand to the ground.

"Shadow jutsu, spirit army", the shadows divided and turned into multiple version of Amani. Kakashi gave her a look of thanks as she jumped down. She waved at him before jumping after Shikamaru.

She saw how the the man attacked Shikamaru and cut him.

If that man gets a hold of the boys blood, the boy will she child.

Amanis eyes widened at this and she leaped in front of Shikamaru.

"Amani? What are you doing!", Shikamaru yelled. Amani glared at the man before her. His eyes scanned over her and he tilted his head.

"You are no mortal", Hidan commented. Amani bit her lip and glared at him.

"And you are a asshole. What of it?", she glared at him.

"I'm just curious how you are immortal is all. Do your serve my all mighty god", Hidan smirked.

Shikamaru looked confused at this. Amani was as mortal as anyone, or so he thought. "I serve the shadows", she whispered.

Then Hidan shrugged and plunged his spear into his chest. Amani heard Shikamaru grunt and turned to him. "Shikamaru!", she screamed as he fell to the ground. Tears filled her eyes as she ran towards him.

"No. Please Shikamaru don't be dead. Please", she begged. Hidan turned to walk away when suddenly Shikamaru sprung to life. He cut into the immortals neck and jumped away as he caught him in another shadow.

"I tricked you. It's simple really, that blood you used for your ritual was your partners ", Shikamaru bragged.

Amani watched Shikamaru closely. Her heart picked up a small beat for a second. Tears filled her eyes and she watched Shikamaru. She refused to get in his way. 

Amani then saw how Hidan once more got to his feet. She jumped next to Shikamaru and got ready to fight. As Shikamaru fell to his knees she stood in front of him as Hidan struck.

"Amani No!", the lazy ninja yelled.

Amani turned and smiled to him with a small smile. "I cannot die Shika. It's ok", she whispered.

Hidan glared and struck her again, trying to move her out of the way. However, Amani stood strong in front of Shikamaru. "How can you be immortal you little brat!", the Akatsuki yelled.

"It's simple really. I have a shadow within my soul and as long as there is a light to cast the shadows I will live", Amani turned to see Shikamaru with a soft smile, "I may not have much but there is still some light within my soul".

Hidan once more attacked Her, this time plunging it into her heart. Amani bit her lip and grunted in pain. "Amani", Shikamaru reached out to her and wrapped his arms around her waist and pressed his face into her back.

"Please don't. Please I can't watch you suffer", he mumbled.

Amani placed her hand on top of Shikamarus as another heartbeat pressed against her chest. She glared at the insane man in front of them as he pulled the spear out of her chest. Amani was thrown to the ground and she let out a cry of pain. Shikamaru got angry at Hidan and clutched his fist.

"Shadow pull jutsu", shadows sprang from the trap that Shikamaru had set and a giant hold opened below the now caught Hidan.

"You curse some one then you have dug your own grave. You receive retribution. You killed my sensie. Hurt my Amani so now you are to pay", Shikamaru stated.

"I'm immortal you fool. I'll just dig my way out", Hidan declared.

Deer surrounded the three of them, Amani watched as a figure appeared next to Shikamaru. That's Asuma.

Shikamaru tossed Asumas lighter at Hidan who was then blown up by all of the paper bombs. Amani flinched at the heat that was flaring against her skin. The man fell into the hole, dismembered to be left to rot for eternity.

Shikamaru walked over to Amani and kneeled down. He pulled her to his chest and kissed the top of her head. "It's over now Amani. That bastard won't be able to hurt you now", he whispered.

Amani looked up at him with tears in her eyes. The image of Shikamaru laying on the ground looking like he was dead flashed in her head.

"I thought you were dead! I couldn't stand losing you ", she cried. Shikamaru felt a heat creep on to his cheeks.

"I'm right here Amani. I'm sorry that you thought I died. I promise I won't leave you", he whispered.

Just as Shikamaru was about to raise her head to kiss her a certain pinkette came charging in. She kneeled down and looked at them.

"Oh god Amani! Let me heal you", she declared. Amani slapped her hand away and shook her head.

"Heal Shikamaru first", Sakura wanted to argue but when she saw the look in Amanis eyes she agreed.

Amani stumbled to her feet as she saw a deer approach her. It dug it's good into the ground revealing Asumas lighter. She carefully picked it up and handed it to Shikamaru. The deer began to surround them then ushered them out of the forest.

"We should head back to the others and help them".

The four ninja and one of Kakashis hounds ran back through the forest to where the others were still in battle. Amani stuck close to Shikamarus side.  She felt the need to be close to him.

They arrived just to find Naruto, Ino, Choji and Yamato. Amani looked around for Kakashi. "Where is He?", she asked Yamato. Worry was clear in her voice.

"He is just tying up loose ends. Don't worry he is fine", Yamato rubbed her head.

Amani sighed in relief as she saw the silver haired ninja emerge from the dent that Naruto had left. Amani finally let her exhaustion and pain catch up and passed out. At least they are alive.

"Amani!", Kakashi yelled as he caught her before she fell to the ground.

"Come on let's get back go the leaf".

Do you hear it? My heart is beating every now and then. Just small thumps and only for a few seconds but still... there is light in my heart.