Silver

Amani slept softly, it had been well over three months since she slept on a actual bed. Neji entered her room and smiled. He was worried she would have already woken up and left again. He kneeled down to wake her up only to find a blade held to his throat.

"Amani relax it's just me", he gulped as the cold metal pressed against his neck.

"Oh... sorry", Amani whispered and put the blade down. Neji looked at her hand and raised her brow. Where did she even pull that from?

The siblings sat in silence as they ate, Neji missed the days of his sister's non stop talking. He got a proper look at her, her hair was lighter. He saw she no longer wore the piercings as well.  Got to think of something to say....

"So how are those teammates of yours? Erm Mina and the guy with the bugs?", he asked. He saw her jaw tighten then she looked up at him.

"I'm going out", she put down the cake and left. Neji frowned at her response. Completely baffled by what made her act so distant.

Amani headed to the hokage tower, her hair was swaying softly. She looked at the bakery as she walked by and sighed. The faint laughter that sounded like Mina caused her to stiffen. It isn't Mina... She's dead...

Amani continued on her way, passing through the familiar streets. She walked up the endless steps and finally came to the door. She knocked then entered.

"Ah Amani, what can I help you with?", the lady hokage asked. Amani placed a large pile of papers in front of her then studied the hokages shocked expression.

"This is the report of everything that happened. From the data to each name of deceased", Amani spoke. Her voice held no emotion. Tsunade saw the quick flicker of black on the girls tongue and frowned. What was that?

Shizuni, the hokages right hand picked up the first sheet and gasped. Almost dropping her pig.

"This is the death count?", Amani nodded as if it was nothing.

The hokage looked at the sheet and  back at the anbu in front of her.

"Seven thousand three hundred and twenty seven", Amani raised her head and frowned.

"It should be and twenty nine my lady", she cursed herself for her own mistake.

"Who were the extra two?".

"Rin Aburame and Mina Sarutobi", she glanced at the window. It is going to rain later.

Tsunade glanced at the report and saw their names. She then did a quick run over of the bio and back at the young woman.

"How old where you when you began this mission?".

"I just turned fourteen my lady", the  blonde hokage frowned. It was known that many female ninja were trained in the art of seduction however... to be so young and deal with a mission on this level... Danzo you sly bastard.

"Can I ask how your comrades died?".

Amani looked down and kept her emotions tied up. "Mina died two years ago, the man Suzuki was to blame. You can find out what happened on page forty nine. Rin died one and a half years ago. He... He sought revenge for Mina. His information is fifty one", Tsunade looked at the ninja before her.

"So you and Uzuki completed the mission alone for almost half the time?", Amani nodded.

"I see and here where it says you had to have a surgery not long after Minas death. Giving the situation of the man, I assume there were complications".

"Yes my lady. However I am well healed now. Scarred but healed", Amani placed her hand on her stomach. It clicked in Shizunis mind what they were talking about and she gasped. The anbu ninja looked at her with a blank expression.

"Do not pity me lady Shizuni. I did what I had to do to complete my mission", her voice was hollow. The hokage dismissed her.

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

Amani found herself standing before a large black stone. Many names were carved there. Amani took out her kunai and wrote her teammates names. She just stood there before reaching into her pouch and pulling out a book.

It wasn't everyday that a certain silver haired ninja would find someone reading his favourite book at the memorial stone. He watched as her hair danced against the breeze, her curves shifting slightly under his gaze. 

He blinked and then found the beautiful ninja standing besides him.

"It's been a long time... Kakashi sensei", her voice was a gentle whisper that caused his spine to tingle. Sensie huh?

He looked at her, light brown hair, unbelievable curves... Hyuga eyes. In his mind flashed a image of the only Hyuga girl he knew that wasn't Hinata then compared it to the sight before him.

 In his mind flashed a image of the only Hyuga girl he knew that wasn't Hinata then compared it to the sight before him

"Amani!", Kakashi could feel his nose on the brink of bleeding. His eye scanned over her and be couldn't help himself, "woah ".

Amani laughed lightly and stuck her tongue out at him. He glanced down at her book and grew redder on the face.

"Aren't you a little young go read those kinds of books?", he raised his brow.

"I've done worse than half the things written in this", she slipped out and blushed. She saw his expression and burst into laughter. Kakashi was amazed, this was the most beautiful laugh he had ever heard. He felt saddened when it died out.

Before the pair stood a anbu ninja. He was sent to collect Amani.

"Oh well. I'll see you around Kakashi", she called before leaving. Kakashi smirked at how she only used his name. He could feel his inner pervy side kicking in.

Kakashi walked over to the stone where he had seen Amani looking. He found two names freshly carved in. I see.

He looked up to the sky and felt the familiar twinge of pain. He knew all too well what Amani must be feeling.

☆☆☆☆☆☆
Amani was seventeen now, as a female anbu she had done things many her age would not of even thought about yet, all to complete her mission. She found that after losing Mina and being.... interrogated.... Her virtue and innocence was long since gone.  Amani thought of how childish and naive she was to believe in the motion of love. To her it was a hindrance.  The two she cared for most were gone.

"You summoned me, Lady Hokage?", Amani asked as she entered the room. There she found several anbu black op ninja along with Ibiki and Uzuki.

"Yes. I wish your abilities to be tested for the rank of jounin. If you pass I am making you the new captain of the anbu black ops unit".

Amani bowed and simply replied yes.

"Very well. Tomorrow at noon your exam will be held at the anbu headquarters.  I look forward to seeing the fruits of your mission and training".

Tomorrow you are going to wish you didn't say that.