Kiss Her. Love Her.

It had been just over a week since everyone returned from the sand village. Amani was showing no return  of her emotions. She sat by the Sakura tree in her garden, her eyes scanning over Kakashis book. Lee awkwardly walked towards her and blushed when he saw the kind of book she was reading. She looked up at him and scanned his appearance.

A small tingle admitted from her chest. Like something was to break free only go be pushed back down. Lee studied that quick glimmer of light in her eyes before it faded. So you are still in there my petal.

Lee thought back to what his sensie had told them.

"Guy sensie how is she going to get her feelings back?!".

"I asked Uzuki that same question and she told me something interesting".

Neji looked at Guy and waited for an answer. He wanted his sister back.

"She has two sides to herself. Love and despair. When her despair side is taking over, it would seem like she is numb but actually it is her sorrow.  She is so swallowed by her own pain that it crushes all the other emotions. Then there is love. That is when Amani finds light, the joy that lives within her carries around everyone else. It is why many have fallen for her".

"So to bring her back she needs love? How do we express our love Guy sensie!", Lee begged his teacher.

"Now that is simple Lee. Through the bonds of love. Actions speak more than words".

So her Lee was, he leaned down and raised her chin. Amani looked at him with a blank expression. He knew what he had to do. He knew what he wanted to do, What he had wanted to do for years now.

"Please do not hate me for this petal", he whispered as he placed his lips against hers.

It was a small gesture but it was the key to the beginning. He moved his lips against hers and found a soft sound in response. A sound that sent a shiver down his spine.  He felt arms wrap around his neck and the kiss deepened. That was when he remembered the last part...

"Though when her emotions come back, they may come in a strange order".

A blush crept upon his cheeks but he didn't pull away. Instead he wrapped his hands around her waist and pulled her tighter. When it was over he pulled away panting slightly. He found himself shifting a little awkwardly.  Amani looked up at Lee from under her long lashes and smiled softly.

"Are you back, Amani?", his voice was  nervous and flustered. Amani was about to respond when the feeling was being pushed down again.

"I'm trying", she whispered as the pain started to creep back in. Lee nodded and was about to step back completely, only for Amani to take hold of his hand and look up at him. "Thank you Lee", she whispered.

Lee nodded and headed to train. He needed to distract himself from that feeling.

♡♡♡♡♡♡

Amani was walking down the street, a small amount of her emotions was back, just enough for her to look at the stars with a minor smile. She jumped to the rooftops and looked up at the glistening canvas above her.