Revelations

Amani found herself standing in front of a comical sight. Naruto was having a stand off with Sai when she watched as the man named Yamato appeared giving Naruto a terrifying look.

This has gone on long enough.

Amani jumped down with a playful smile and tilted her head to the side. Sai observed his captain and did the same. She leaned against him and glared a Sakura. The pinkette was pulling a strange face.

"You are right Sai. With an expression like that she truly is ugly", Sakura glared at Amani.

"Why are you so mad at me?", Amani smirked and turned to Naruto.

"Hey buddy", Naruto grinned at her whilst Sakura was left wondering what she did wrong. "Its rude to stare you know. Or will I just add that to your list", Sakura looked away and frowned. "Thought so".

Yamato observed the group and then turned to Amani. So this is the new captain. She seems to know this Sai.

Yamato explained the mission then told everyone to meet him at the entrance in exactly one hour. Amani stayed behind however and Yamato turned to face her. He saw how her expression had become more relaxed and he did the same.

"Is everything alright, Amani?", Yamato asked.

"Yes I just wanted to talk", Yamato nodded for her to continue, "You work for the black ops. This much I know however I do wonder if it is for Lady Tsunade or that bastard", Yamato understood now.

"The hokage had asked for me to keep a close eye on this Sai. To watch Naruto and figure out Danzos plan. He is the one that gave you that eclipse mark isn't he", Amani nodded and she stretched her arms.

"Can you tell me exactly what he did, it could help us figure out his plan", Amani sighed and showed him under her tongue. Yamato frowned and smiled understanding. "I see, go get your things".

Amani headed back to the compound and passed by Hinata on the way back. Hinata hadn't seen her cousin in three years and now there she was. She felt awkward as she looked at her. "Hey Amani", Hinata almost whispered.

Amani turned and looked at her cousin. She saw that she was still the same shy Hinata. "Oh hi", Hinata wasn't sure how to act around her cousin. Her father had finally told her the story behind Amanis curse. But what she found truly strange was that Amani no longer had the mark on her for head.

Hinatas eyes glanced at Amanis head and Amani frowned. "If you must know it was removed. Now your family have no control over me", Hinata felt a little anxious. Whilst her heart was truly kind, she knew that the mark was meant to keep the side branches in place in case they lost control.

The girls parted in silence, Hinata found that whilst she had stayed kind and herself, Amani had become a different person. She watched as her cousin swayed in confidence. Something that she lacked.

When Amani arrived at the compound she walked past her uncle without even sparing him a second glance. Hiashi noticed her mark was gone and frowned. Amani entered her room and packed a few things. Biting her lip she saw a familiar photograph sitting on her nightstand.

They were the ones who should have been alive, not me

She opened her shirt and looked into the mirror. Placing her hand on her chest, a small seal appeared in the shape of the sun. It will take several hours to activate if I am to use that set of jutsu.

The team met at the gate and headed out. Amani found herself amused behind the banter of Naruto and Sai. After a few hours of walking and arguing the arrived at hot springs. As the men headed towards their baths the two girls got undressed.

Sakura looked over at Amanis body feeling guilty. Every scar was showing. "Did you not see enough the first time", Amani spat at her. Sakuras eyes opened wide and she finally realised what she had done to anger her.

"You heard everything?"

"I may have been out but yes. I heard everything. What right did you have to share such information with someone that was not even a medical ninja? What gave you the right to try and analyse me", Amani glared at Sakura.

"I'm sorry! I was worried and curious about your injuries", Amani turned to Sakura with a few tears in her eyes.

"It will be my choice if I tell you or not. Just never do such a thing again", her voice was darkened. Sakura nodded and they headed to the baths.

After relaxing in the warm waters, all the team sat down for a large meal. Amani couldn't find a comfortable position to sit however. Sai recognised the expression if discomfort on her face and recalled the book he had seen her read. The comfort of his touch, skin against skin set her worried mind at ease.

Sai grabbed the anxious Amani by her wrist and pulled her on his lap. Sakura gasped at the sight. "Oh wow. You are together?", this caused Amani to laugh.

"Not in the way you think. Sai... well he is a complicated guy. But thanks Sai", she was comfortable at last. The sun seal on her chest was beginning to set in.

As they all went to sleep, Amani found herself sitting on the roof. Now that this seal has been triggered I won't be able to sleep for a long time.

Yamato watched Amani and jumped up next to her. He saw the soft glow on her chest and frowned.

"So is that the special ability that you have been told to use?".

"Yes, the sun shadow. The fact that I was ordered to do so means that there is a chance of extreme danger", Amani sighed as she hugged her legs, "though now it's been activated I won't be sleeping for a few months at least", she sighed.

Yamato felt bad for the girl, she was still so young and yet she had endured do much. He saw a few scars just by the nape of her neck and kneeled down. Unlike many people, Amani allowed him to look at the scars. Something about him calmed her.

"May I ask how you got these", Amani traced the scars lightly and she sighed.

"It depends on the scar. Several were obtained during the first year of my mission then the others six months after that and finally at the end".

Yamato nodded slowly as she looked up at him. "If I tell you I ask that you speak of it to no one".

"It began three years ago....."