twenty seven | makeups + makeup

❝even if i don't dance at the club.❞

huang renjun | thursday, october 18.
__________

RENJUN STOOD IN front of his full-body mirror, staring into the reflection of his glittery eyes and highlighted cheeks. he let his tinted red lips curl up into a proud smile.

renjun that day had woken up feeling a weird way. he wasn't sad, not at all, but he wasn't necessarily wasn't happy either. he didn't like it. so he'd decided to do something he didn't do often, something that his friends liked but he never really felt in the mood. he spent almost an hour blending foundation into his soft skin, spreading warm shades over his eyes and patting burnt reds into his lips, all the while jamming out to girl groups in his bunny printed pajamas.

the teenager analyzed his appearance, feeling like something was missing.

so he shuffled (literally, he was listening to baam) over to his closet and pulled out one of his favorite outfits: a soft black and white turtleneck tucked into black skinny jeans, paired with a belt and a denim jacket. he even slipped in a silver dangly earring that jisung had bought for him two years ago, as well as his cutest pair of glasses. 

struggling, renjun snapped a few photos and even sent one to mark in his moment of glory, proud that his makeup turned out so well after such a long time.

after a few more minutes of dancing around, he heard a knock on the front door. huffing, he turned off his music. his mother wasn't home so he had no choice but to answer the door (which freaked him out, but whatever).

he stalked down the stairs and jogged to the door, wondering who the heck could be at his door. donghyuck would never knock–

he made eye contact with lee jeno and na jaemin.

renjun paused. he kept his hand on the door, staring up at the two. jeno smiled at him, before he frowned. "are you going somewhere? did we come at a bad time?"

renjun shook his head, still confused. "no, i just," he responded quietly, "i just got bored."

jaemin stepped up, heaving a dreamy sigh. he scanned renjun, "you look beautiful, jun."

renjun couldn't hold it back any longer.

he let his eyes fill up with lonely tears, he let his body fall forward into jaemin's, he let his arms wrap tightly around his torso. he let the tears go, he let himself become vulnerable.

"i'm so sorry," he whimpered into jaemin's chest. the younger boy stepped back, eyes wide in panic. jeno watched cautiously, gesturing for them to take the crying boy inside and away from the freezing october air. jaemin wrapped his arms carefully around him, taking baby steps away from the door. "hey, hey, baby," he whispered, holding the boy tightly, "shh, don't cry, baby. it's okay."

jeno closed the front door, discarding his jacket and hanging it on the coat rack. he walked over to the two and raised his hands to run his fingers gently through renjun's dark hair.