nineteen | take advantage of the pda!

no, to me, it's only you.

zhong chenle | tuesday, september 18.
__________

CHENLE WAS BEGINNING to feel different around jisung.

now that he was aware of the effect jisung had on him, he tried to decipher his feelings even more. every little touch, every little glance, meant something to him and it added on to his curiousity.

thankfully, chenle was good at acting normal.

at lunch time all seven of them were sitting in their normal spot in the cafeteria. chenle was sat in between mark and jisung, shoving rice down his throat. he hadn't eaten all day, and obviously, he was hungry.

as chenle swallowed yet another spoonful of his soup, jisung held a hand out in front of his food.

"alrighty there, slow down chief."

chenle froze and felt his face heat up. he looked over at jisung who was near to laughing at him and slowly put his spoon down. sheepishly, he apologized.

donghyuck snorted. "just eat your food, child. slowly. we still have about twenty minutes left."

___

"you have to take advantage of the pda, chenle!"

renjun had followed him to class after lunch, and thankfully, the room was nearly empty. jaemin and jisung hadn't arrived yet. now, he was scolding the younger quietly.

chenle sank lower in his seat, hiding his face.

"but, renj–"

he cut himself off. renjun was right; he should take advantage of their normal affection. maybe that'd help him figure everything out, but there was a problem.

just the thought made him nervous!

"what the heck am i supposed to do?"

renjun rolled his eyes, a gesture he often found himself doing because of his idiot friends. "i don't know, just hug him like you always do? you've gotten shyer. don't be shy."

chenle whined, looking up at the older through his fingers. he pouted.

"i hate having a crush."

renjun snorted, "sucks."

he pushed himself off of the desk he had been leaning on, which happened to be jaemin's, as him and jisung walked into the classroom. jaemin noticed renjun and grinned, skipping over to pull him into a hug. chenle sat up, waving to jisung who sat next to him. he watched renjun's face warm up when he was pulled into jaemin's arms and got an idea.

as renjun walked out, he yelled in mandarin, "maybe stop scolding me about my love life before you figure out your own!"

the elder only threw up a middle finger, not even turning as he left.

___

chenle's heart was racing.

he didn't know why he was so nervous. sure, his feelings for jisung were different now, but still. they had been close all their life, it didn't make sense to change now.

they were walking home from the school, chatting about whatever came to mind. chenle kept letting his gaze fall to jisung's hand, which was swinging in between them as the walked. he bit his lip, looking away again. jisung was distracted, he could probably just slip his hand into the korean's without it ever being noticed, but...

sigh.

renjun's words were pounding into his skull. the words from both earlier in the day and in the week.

why couldn't these thoughts just leave him alone?

'take advantage of the pda!'

chenle mentally said fuck it and looked over to jisung, accidentally interrupting his rant about one of their teachers. oops, he hadn't actually been paying attention. "can i hold your hand?"

jisung stopped talking. he tilted his head to the side, furrowing his eyebrows and scrunching his nose. god, that's adorable, chenle thought. "you normally don't ask, you just do it..."

chenle bit his bottom lip again. right. forgot about that.

it was silent for not even three seconds before he felt warm fingers lacing with his own. he looked over, suprised, and saw jisung smiling at the sky. he giggled, tightening their fingers and swinging their arms back and forth. "you should probably watch where you're going," chenle teased.

they fell into a comfortable silence, enjoying the slight breeze of a nice day and each other's warm holds.

when they reached the street that jisung's house sits on, chenle frowned. he really didn't want to let go of jisung's hand, but they had to seperate. jisung had dance practice and chenle had singing lessons so they couldn't just hang out like normal. chenle turned to jisung who also had a frown. "i don't want to go to dance."

chenle offered a small smile, looking down once more at their hands. his eyes snapped a picture and he squeezed jisung's hand before reluctantly pulling his own back and sticking it in his pocket.

"text me when you get out, ji."

___

a/n:

this is kinda short n suck lol sorry bye

makatea-