thirty one | first dates + freakouts

❝ wherever i am, even if i'm dreaming. ❞

zhong chenle | saturday, november 10 .
__________

CHENLE DIDN'T THINK he had ever been so nervous to text his best friend in his life.

wait- best friend? ah, whatever.

jeno suggested that chenle and jisung should go on a date before they really got together, and considering that it had been two or so weeks since they confessed to each other, he figured he should probably do something.

so here he was, phone gripped in one hand as the other tapped anxiously on the dinner table.

"dang, what are you so nervous about?"

chenle nearly gave himself whiplash as he snapped his neck up to see his mother eating her lunch, an eyebrow raised. chenle blushed, stopped his anxious tapping, and sighed. "how do you ask someone if they want to go on a date?"

mrs. zhong put her spoon down and leaned forward. "you literally just ask."

the teenager groaned. "yeah, but how?"

slowly, mrs. zhong sarcastically explained, "say, 'hey, would you like to go on a date with me?'"

"i'm too awkward for that!"

chenle pouted, staring back down at his phone. the room was silent for longer than he noticed before his mother huffed. "you ever gonna ask jisung out or are you going to sit there forever?"

spluttering chenle shook his head. "how'd you know it was jisung?"

mrs. zhong rolled her eyes. "oh please, who else would it be?"

an hour later, chenle finally built up the courage to ask. he fell onto his bed, preparing himself before he opened his texts.

hi uh<
random but do u wanna uhh go on a date..?<

he put his phone down and stared up at the ceiling. one, two, three. counting wasn't helping his nerves but what else was he supposed to do? four, five, six, blah blah blah.

the bell of his phone caused him to jump a bit, although he immediately grinned. he was planning on waiting a second but he couldn't help himself and his eyes caught the preview message. holy crap. chenle was ecstatic; he and jisung were going on a real date, together, real life! this had only ever happened in his dreams!

chenle squealed to himself, bouncing on his bed for a few minutes before finally picking his phone back up and sending an 'okay (:'.

after some back-and-forth conversating, the two had decided on a classic: an ice cream date. as cliché as it was, chenle didn't think he could ever pass up an opportunity to have both ice cream and jisung at the same time. he got up and rummaged through his closet, shaking his head at all the button ups and t-shirts. what the heck does one wear on an ice-cream date? it took him a moment to decide on just asking jisung.

okay no i lied what aRE YOU WEARING<

>IDK WHAT ARE U WEARING

IDK<

>AAHHH

AHHHHHHSLSDFKJEHF<

"what the heck?!" chenle was panicking. he ran downstairs and called for his mother, who immediately answered with a short huff. "what now?"

panting, the boy replied, voicing his concerns of what he should wear. she raised an eyebrow, thinking. then, oh then, it hit her. "oh, oh my god. you're going?"

chenle grinned, furiously nodding. "yes!"

basically they continued to have a crackhead dance party until they settled on an agreement.

waiting for jisung was probably the hardest part of the whole ordeal.

after showering and getting dressed (in the black hoodie and jeans they spent twenty minutes thinking of), even applying some makeup, he had no idea what to do. he cleaned his room, brushed his teeth twice, played geometry dash. every second seemed like a year with his heart racing as much as it was. jisung was going to be at his house at 2:30 and currently it was 2:17 so-

...was that a doorbell?

"uh, chenle?" his mother called up the stairs, and chenle's heart just about stopped. he's thirteen minutes early? chenle checked his hair one more time in the mirror, ignoring how his face turned pink, and ran down the stairs.

jisung, also in a hoodie and jeans, thank gOD, was standing in the living room, hands in his pocket. it was obvious he was nervous so chenle felt much better. the elder subconsciously walked closer and pulled jisung into a hug, wrapping his arms around jisung's torso. "i'm sorry i'm early, i just got ready early and i didn't know what else to do-" chenle giggled, shaking his head.

"it's okay."

noticing that his nerves (as well as his mother) were gone, chenle pulled away and grinned at the taller, eyes and all. "let's go?"

___

a/n:

part two of this will be posted next!

makatea-