twenty four | an angel's confession

❝ everyone will be jealous of us. ❞

na jaemin | saturday, october 6.
__________

JAEMIN SAT QUIETLY on jeno's bed.

his legs were crossed and his eyes were staring holes into the light grey wall. his fingers played nervously with the hem of his white hoodie.

he listened to the sounds of the shower in the room next to the bedroom, his heart speeding up every second. waiting for jeno to get out of the shower had never been so stressful before.

na jaemin was stressed.

he had a plan today; he was going to confess to lee jeno. however, that wasn't the part that made him nervous. he knew that jeno would not judge him or feel awkward, and he was most likely going to return the feeling. what he was really scared of was bringing up his strong feelings for renjun and the subject of polyamory. he hadn't even told jisung about this, about what he was doing.

again, he was sure jeno would not judge him or anything of the sort, but it was still terrifying.

jaemin heard the shower shut off and bit his lip. his eyelashes brushed against his cheekbones as he looked down into his lap. all memory of what he wanted to say was gone, weeks of thinking disappeared. the only thing left in his mind was lee jeno and huang renjun.

he must've zoned out, because what seemed like seconds later, jeno walked into the bedroom in a loose hoodie and shorts. his hair was still damp, stopping at his eyes. jaemin looked up immediately and felt his stomach drop.

jeno shut the door gently behind him, raising an eyebrow. "you haven't moved since i left."

jaemin exhaled loudly, fiddling with his fingers. he threw on a small smile. "i have something to tell you..."

the older boy sat down across from jaemin, looking into his eyes. jaemin moved his gaze from the contact, instead looking down at jeno's bedsheets. "jaem...?"

jaemin smiled, looking back up through his nerves. fuck it.

"i like you, jen."

it was silent. jaemin scanned jeno's face for a reaction, but he got none. jeno only looked at him frozen so he began again.

"you probably figured it out by now, but-" he stopped to take a shaky breath- "i really, really like you."

this time, jeno's expression slowly morphed into that beautiful eye smile of his, and jaemin felt his heart melting. he giggled, and jaemin felt all of the stress leave him. he laughed with jeno, although he didn't know why. he simply felt nice. the way jeno was looking at him, he knew it was okay.

jeno leaned forward and pulled one of jaemin's hands into his lap, giggling quietly to himself. he looked up and made eye contact with jaemin, which relieved him even more. "i like you too. i really, really like you too, nana."

jaemin's smile grew.

jeno pulled jaemin closer and moved to where there was only six inches or so between them. he looked down to jaemin's lips, and then back to his eyes. his smile never left.