seventeen | flustered renjun = helpful renjun

❝ tell me everything. ❞

zhong chenle | tuesday, september 11.

__________

JUST AS PLANNED, donghyuck and renjun met up at chenle's house after his singing lessons ended.

the three were lounging around in the kitchen while his mother cooked dinner, occasionally grabbing something for her or cutting vegetables. all four engaged in teasing conversations with his mother just roasting all of them. there's a reason everyone loves mrs. zhong. actually there's a few; she makes really good food, she's chinese so again, foreign and really good food, and because she's just amazing.

"hey, you!" she scolded as she caught donghyuck sneaking a piece of cabbage into his mouth. he paused with it halfway in between his lips and looked at her as if he were a deer caught in headlights. he quickly turned and ran out of the kitchen, leaving mrs. zhong shaking her head disappointingly and the other two chinese boys snorting.

"thank god he's gone," renjun joked. they heard a protest from donghyuck from the living room and they all burst into laughter.

___

after dinner, they moved to chenle's bedroom.

just like usual, donghyuck was goofing around while renjun and chenle were lying on the bed. renjun had his legs across chenle's lap, the younger's arm around his waist. the two watched donghyuck dance before chenle remembered why he invited them.

"hey guys?" chenle asked quietly, gaining the middle child's attention. he stopped dancing immediately and ran over to the bed. renjun hummed, letting his head fall onto donghyuck's chest and cuddled into the arms that wrapped around his torso. chenle hesitated, not really knowing what to say.

"i think i like jisung?"

the older two gasped and looked at chenle in shock. he realised what he said and shook his head, exclaiming, "wait let me rephrase that! i think i have an interest."

"oh, same thing," donghyuck snorted, but he soon turned serious again. "what makes you think so?"

chenle sighed and recalled the events that happened the previous day, as well as before that. "so i was at jeongin's house with his mom again yesterday, right? and we were working on 'galaxy' by bolbbalgan4, which, by the way! it's a song about a crush! so mrs. yang was like 'oh it's perfect and all but you need motivation, or a muse or something, do you have a crush?' and i immediately thought of jisung! and that made me think a lot. he's made me nervous a lot recently, not going to lie, but i always brushed it off."

it was silent for a moment until renjun softly asked, "how has me made you nervous?"

"sometimes when he hugs me i just feel even more soft and cuddly and uwu, you know? and like my face heats up when he's around me or he just looks at me! you know when he came up behind me and hugged me and like rested his chin on my shoulder after my recital? my hands were all shaky and my heart even skipped a beat."

he bit his lip, taking a second to breathe after his little freakout. "it's weird, though. it hasn't always been this way, so i guess i just immediately thought i like him. i don't know how or when this started."

chenle leaned back and let his head fall against the wall behind him. renjun smiled softly at him. "it's alright, lele. you don't really need to figure it all out right now, that would just be stressful. just be open to the possibility that you might actually like him, okay?"

donghyuck nodded and added on.

"yeah! and if you do and decided to tell him, we all know he wouldn't be judgemental or whatever. just trust yourself."

chenle smiled, looking over to his best friends. "thank you."

the two nodded and removed themselves from their little cuddling session to jump on either side of chenle and hug him tight. chenle giggled, welcoming the warmth and somehow managing to snuggle into both of their embraces.

"although," renjun started a few minutes after, still all huddled up, "i don't know if we're the best relationship counselors..."

donghyuck agreed. "you right. i mean, mark and i aren't exactly the best 'couple' out there considering the whole picture, and renjunnie is just confused."

renjun groaned, moving away from the three-sided hug to hide his reddening face in his hands. "stop that."

the other two smirked and continued to tease their friend about jeno and jaemin with things like 'when are you going to confess?' and 'boy have you seen the way they look at you?' eventually they settled though, and turned onto chenle again.

"lowkey though i'd date any of you. except mark, though, he's donghyuck's."

donghyuck sighed and grew a bit more serious. he pulled renjun's small (and fucking adorable) hands into his lap and began playing with his fingers. sadly and quietly, he mumbled, "is he really mine, though?"

chenle smiled reassuringly at him. "he's yours, hyuck."

___

a/n:

next chapter is going to explain markhyuck n stuff! that should be up by tomorrow or friday as i've already started it!

makatea-