five | note passing in english class

words written only in books are becoming reality. ❞

park jisung | thurs, august 9.
__________

JISUNG GLANCED OVER at the teacher, mrs. yoon (who had a love for weirdly coloured pencil skirts, a not-so-faint mustache, and was currently playing sudoku with a terrible red pen), before he folded up the little paper in his hands and chucked it to the desk in front of him.

chenle opened up the note as quietly as he could, occasionally sneaking a peek at mrs. yoon. 'help what's the answer to number 7'.

chenle rolled his eyes, but still scribbled down a small 'apple, u korean slug' and threw the paper back to jisung. the younger scoffed at the name and copied the answer into his workbook.

"alright!" the class jumped as mrs. yoon hit the podium with the palm of her hand. she walked to the chalkboard, sloppily writing down a sentence in english. the students groaned when they watched her underline the first four words. as she droned on about subjects and verbs, chenle and jisung sneakily had a conversation through small strips of paper.

j: ugh i hate english
c: you should still pay attention though
j: says you?? the one who always sleeps or talks during class?
c: shut up. i'm only saying that because i know you'll come to me in a few days needing help because i'm an english legend
j: not tRUE
c: you know it's true
j: ok fine now shut up
c: i'm not talking?

jisung answered that one with a (super adorable) glare.
___

jisung wasn't going to lie to himself.

he knew he liked chenle. he's known for a while, maybe four months or so.

for the first three months, he denied it. every time he was around chenle he'd ignore the little flare he'd feel in his chest, he'd ignore the shakiness in his hands when they made any type of contact (which happened a lot).

jaemin helped him through it, thankfully. he'd comfort jisung when the younger felt bad or confused, and he helped jisung accept the fact that it was true, and it was okay, that he liked his best friend.

jisung didn't act any different around chenle. they were the best friends you could ever find. you would never see anyone together as often or as close as you'd see them. that's how they were, that's how they liked it. once jisung accepted his feelings a bit more, he felt more comfortable with chenle again. he welcomed the buzz he felt in his fingers when they held hands (chenle always held jisung's or renjun's hand when he was feeling anxious or lonely). he welcomed the random urges he'd get to kiss the latter's cheek or forehead, although he still pushed them away.

it was moments like now when his feelings really came into play.

their homeroom teacher left the class around twenty minutes ago, letting students leave the room or do whatever. chenle was turned around and working on something on jisung's desk. his tongue was sticking out of the corner of his lips– a habit he picked up from when his mother told him you could get smarter if the knowledge in the air touched your tongue– and his blonde hair was falling over his face.

jisung watched chenle, his hand still gripping the pen he was previously using. he admired chenle's features, bringing one of his hands up to rest his chin on his palm.

a section of chenle's hair fell from where it was safely tucked behind his ear and brushed up against his nose. jisung resisted the urge to brush it back. instead he watched for chenle's reaction.

"hey jisung?" chenle didn't look up from his paper as he called the younger, who only hummed, making no move to change his position or point of sight. "can you fix my hair for me? my handwriting looks really good right now and if i move my hand, i'll mess up the magic."

jisung rolled his eyes but reached up to tuck chenle's soft blonde hair gently behind his ear. he controlled his smile. chenle looked absolutely adorable right now. the chinese boy tilted his head and continued to focus on his paper, only after shifting his eyes to look at jisung with a little smile playing at his lips. "thanks."

"what kind of k-drama am i watching right now?" jaemin marvelled quietly from the row on the right, earning a snort from both of his friends. jisung finally looked away from chenle, crossing his arms over the table and resting his left cheek over them. he made eye contact with a winking jaemin.

jisung only blushed a bit and flipped him off.

__________
a/n:

i was planning on waiting a little bit longer to show jisung's feelings, but oh well. i think this fits. chenle's feelings won't be discovered for quite a while though ((;

makatea-