when the party's over

Don't you know I'm no good for you? I've learned to lose, but you can't afford to.

I had just called it quits with Ben. I mean I needed to break up with him, I mean he was going to throw away New York to stay with me. He was being an idiot!

Tore my shirt to stop you bleedin'; But nothing ever stops you leavin'

I had promised you forever, but every scenario I played out in my head, you were still in New York, or miserable with me. I couldn't stop you from going. If I was going to be moderately okay, this needed to be on my terms. 

Quiet when I'm coming home and I'm on my own; I could lie, say I like it like that, like it like that

As I drove home the tears just freefell from my eyes. I couldn't have stayed with you no matter how much I wanted to. I was alone again, purposefully throwing away the one thing that drove me to continue on. 

Don't you know too much already? I'll only hurt you if you let me.

There was no way I could have driven you into a miserable stoop by making you stay just so I could be happy. At least this way you could be reborn Ben. I hope you understand. 

 Call me friend but keep me closer; And I'll call you when the party's over  

God to believe I let myself be fooled by your charm to let you pull me away from the friend zone. I drove myself home and sat and waited for your call that night. I was so stupid. I knew 3 years ago this would end with everyone hurt. 

Quiet when I'm coming home and I'm on my own; I could lie, say I like it like that, like it like that 

  But nothing is better sometimes; Once we've both said our goodbyes; Let's just let it go 

You tried talking as I walked away and I should've listened, but I couldn't. If I had stayed I would have let you convince me to think it over. I would still be with you, Ben. But we both need to let this go. I've come to terms with the decision I made. I will always love you, but this was for your benefit. Goodbye. 

-Y/F/N Y/L/N