Lunchtime (part 3)

As 7:45 rolled around you heard the door open and Ben's laugh. You smiled to yourself as you sprayed the curled tendrils and fluffed them up a bit. You stood in front of the full-length mirror behind your door smoothing out your outfit. It was simple, just a simple denim skirt with buttons down the front, a burnt orange/red baggy sweater and a pair of Birkenstocks. You looked at your hair, unsatisfied with the result, and pulled the top half into a top knot (see my outfit in the photo.) You took a final glance in the mirror, satisfied with the outcome you headed down to the living room. 

"I can't believe you actually fucking did it, Ben," your brother said patting him on the back. "Just don't put me in an awkward place and make me choose between you or my sister because, well, you'll lose." Ben nodded and smiled at your brother. 

"Thanks for giving me your blessing Ty, I really appreciate you letting me take this chance." 

"Like I said, don't fuck it up." 

As you got to the bottom of the stairs Ben looked at you, awestruck. "W-woah." 

You let a bright smile spread across your face as you looked him up and down. He was wearing a simple red and black flannel with a navy blue vest over the top of it. He topped it off with a simple pair of blue jeans. "You too," you said brightly. 

"You wanna head out," Ben suggests nudging his head toward the door. You just replied with a nod. He took your hand in his and laced your fingers together. You headed out to his car, watching the sunset behind your house. As you settled into the front seat of the car Ben started the engine. 

"So, do I get to ask where we're going," you question turning to Ben. 

"Hmm, nope," Ben replied swiftly. 

As you guys drove around you kept getting farther and farther away from town. Soon the stars started to shine brightly in the sky. The sound of the car lulled to sleep finally and Ben came round to your door. He opened it for you and offered his hand to you. You took his hand and exited the car. A slight shiver ran up your spine and Ben jumped to open the back of the car pulling out his jacket, "Here, I don't need you to freeze on our first date."

"Thanks, Ben," you smiled slipping it over your shoulders. Ben opened the trunk of the car pulling out two blankets and a plastic bag. 

"Here, I got us some snacks," Ben said handing you the bag as he laid one of the blankets out on the hood of the car. "Come here," Ben waved you close. He took the bag and placed it on the hood before placing his hands on your waist. "You ready," He asked looking down into your eyes. As you stood there in his arms you felt a compelling feeling come over you. You placed your hand on the back of his neck before stretching up and placing your lips on his. His soft lips returned the motion before lifting you up on the roof of the car. Ben stood between your legs, keeping the kiss in tack as it became more intense. You pulled away, taking a deep breath, filling your lungs entirely. 

"Hi," you said looking into his eyes as he rested his forehead against yours. You could feel the heat between you two as you rested your hands on his waist. 

"Hey y/n," Ben said, his voice filled with delight. The way he said your name filled your stomach with butterflies. "How about I join you on the hood," Ben suggested. You nodded and he hopped up onto the hood, resting his arm underneath your head. You rolled yourself closer to Ben and snuggled your head into the crook of his neck, resting your vision at the sky. 

"Ben, this is just. Well, in your words from earlier, 'woah'." You kept your focus on the sky as Ben pulled you closer. You felt your eyes become a little heavier. You rested your head against him and kissed the top of your head. 

Hehe I know it's short but I thought it was adorable. It is pouring rain outside right now, and I'm definitely not sleeping so maybe you guys will get another short update ;)