Anniversary

It seemed surreal that you and Ben had been together for 5 years now. This boy was your everything. Obviously, you two had the occasional argument, but what couple didn't. That didn't stop you from loving him. Ben had told you to be ready by 6 when he had left for August Wilson. You had obviously waited until 5:30, tossing on a nice dress, and putting your hair in a simple bun with simple makeup. Even though it was your anniversary, you didn't feel the need to try so hard because you knew this boy loved you. 

You sat in the living room waiting for Ben to pick you up, but the time kept droning on. Ben had issues with time occasionally if he popped out to stage door or ran into some traffic. You hadn't become extremely concerned until 6:30 rolled around. Ben was never this late. Ever. 

You started to panic thinking he forgot or that he was hurt. As your phone rang your heart lept. You answered it quickly, not even looking at the caller ID. 

"Hello?"

"Hi, is this Y/F/N Y/L/N?"

"It is, who is this?"

"This is Kelly Parkson. I'm with the NYPD. You're Benjamin Cook's I.C.E. correct?"

"I am, C-can I ask why you're calling?"

"Ben was involved in an accident. Can you please meet us at Lower Manhattan Hospital?"

You didn't even feel yourself answer as you took off your heels and changed into flats. You broke out of your apartment and into a sprint as the hospital was only a few blocks and you couldn't deal with a cab. As your feet ran you didn't even feel your lungs screaming for air, yelling at you to stop. As you burst through the doors you saw the frosted ICU doors. There were two police officers in those standard blue and black uniforms. Your heart lept as you almost threw yourself at the door. "Kelly?!"

"Ms. Y/L/N, Hi. Ben is currently in the ICU. He's in a medical coma and the doctors said we couldn't allow you through because of Ben's fragile state. Here's a bag of his personal belongings."

You take a seat for a moment in the chair, and your body feels the uncomfortableness of it, but your head couldn't sense it. You opened the baggie, seeing Ben's wallet, Ben's keys, and a tiny box. It was a box with a cover of velvet. You opened the box seeing a ring and suddenly time had slowed and your life had become surreal. 

Hope you guys enjoy 3+ updates even though they're a lil short