Starbucks

You were sitting in the coffee shop, which was running moderately slow today, with your laptop in front of you. You were working on a creative writing story for your writing class, extremely stuck on trying to conjure up a love interest. The main character, Y/N/N, was obviously based on you. Y/H/C and slightly different colored eyes. You always based your lead, sometimes titular, character off of you because it was an easy start. You were watching the people around the shop, making up backstories for every person, trying to figure out a love interest.

Suddenly a boy came into your view, strawberry blonde- maybe even red- hair and piercing blue eyes. The thing that was struck you as odd though was his outfit choice. He had on a letterman jacket, with 69 on the side, khakis, and a t-shirt, but this boy was obviously not a high school student. He sat in the corner opposite you, making it very easy to observe him while writing.

Sure, it was weird to watch strangers and write about them, but life imitates art and sometimes art imitates life.

After about 15 minutes your story was finally coming to a close. You had made accidental eye contact with him, but you don't think he noticed a lot of the staring. The two love interests were now having the major love epiphany and you wanted to put a twist. You were watching the boy while trying to conjure up something spicy. All of a sudden he was standing up and walking.

'No, no, no, don't leave, I'm almost done.'

Instead, he moved directly across from you, resting his coffee on the table. "So, may I ask why you've been staring at me, and vigorously typing away?"

God, his voice was like butter. When you fixed the final draft you were definitely going to have to add that detail. You almost got so distracted you forgot to answer the question. "I was just using you for inspiration in my story for class...I hope you don't mind. You were the most interesting person in the shop."

"Well if it helps you any, I'm Ben," he said sticking his hand out. You accept the gesture and shook his hand while offering him your name, "Y/N, I'm Y/N."

"So, am I going to get to read this story, "Ben asked, an eyebrow slightly perking up. You just nodded sliding your laptop around to the boy.

You watched as his face contourt and chang along with the story. When he arrived at the end he let out a slightly frustrated groan. "No ending?!"

"Not yet, " you chuckled reversing the laptop. "Was it good otherwise?"

"It was fantastic, really grabs at your heartstrings. I think there are some inconsistencies in my character that should be addressed. Here is my number," he started grabbing a piece of paper from your notebook, "call me later today and I will tell you my story to help yours. Nice meeting you Y/N."

And, unfortunately, with that, he was off.