Chapter 11

After dancing with a few males in the room including Liam, I was beyond exhausted. If I thought that hunting and running in the forests were tiring, dancing was a whole new level of fatigue. I made my way up to my room quickly undressed into a pair of sweatpants that were hanging in the closet. I took off the aching heels that had formed blisters and sores on my feet. I winced slightly when the irritated patch if skin came into contact with the floor. 

Being careful not to further irritate my foot, I made my way to the bathroom where I found a small tub of herbal soothing balm. I heaved a sigh of relief and gently spread the salve all over my foot before putting on socks. My head hit the pillow and before I knew it I was asleep. 

I was woken up the next morning by the bright sunlight streaming through the balcony. I squinted my eyes, someone must have opened the curtains. Yawning, I sluggishly made my way to the bathroom where I freshened up and went downstairs where the kitchen was. 

Damn, the kitchen was huge and there were so many cooks bustling around. I saw a cook walking around and I quickly grabbed his hand, "Hi, urm, I was wondering if I could have something for breakfast?" The cook gave me a smile and said, "Dearie, breakfast is being served in the dining hall right now. Better rush there before all the good food are gone." Giving me a small wink, he rushed away, going back to his work.

I love food and there was no way I would pass up the opportunity to snatch the good food. It sounded as if everyone fought over who would get the best bread. I giggled slightly at that thought. Not knowing where to go, I asked a servant to guide me which he did and soon I was greeted with the fresh aroma of fried bacon and the sweet smell of freshly baked bread and pastry. My mouth started to water. Oh boy was I happy to dig in.

As I ate, ,more and more people joined. When Jax entered the dining hall, everyone stood up and greeted him with a 'good morning' while I just sat there, mouth full of pastry puffs and gave him a small wave. 

After breakfast, Jax said that everyone often trained in combat to prepare everyone if there was ever an attack on their base. Even females and children were expected to learn how to defend themselves regardless of what they worked as. Jax said that I would be training with the medical department with the defense department. They would teach us how to use several weapons. 

Frankly, it all sounded very dull to me, I had fought with many kinds of weapons. I was basically an expert! I was no doubt better than all their warriors and soldiers. But in a way, this might also be a chance to learn more tactics and gain more experience. I rushed up to my room and put on a workout gear and headed to the field where the medical department would be training. The medical department would often train first so that they could tend to injuries later in the day when other people trained. 

I looked around my room before realising that Jax had kept our weapons. Liam and I would have to get it back somehow. Tying my hair into a ponytail , I reached the field where many different types of weapons were laid out on the ground. I inspected them carefully, they were good but not the best. Our weapons were so much better. I groaned in frustration, I would hate to train with anything other than my weapons.

"Looking for these?" I turned around sharply, my gaze landing on Jax and the weapons he held. My weapons! I was beyond relieved and happy. "Do you want these? I have to say, these are some handy weapons you have." I nodded eagerly, excited at the thought of having my weapons back. Jax smirked at me, "Not yet, prove your worth and I'll give you back your weapons."

I let out an exasperated sigh. "Just give it back." 

"No."

"Why not?"

"I said that you have to prove your worth."

"Well, how the hell do I do that?"

Jax pointed at a huge burly man who was heavily built. "That's my head of weaponry and defense. If you can beat him in a duel, the weapons are yours once again." I narrowed my eyes at Jax.

"Fine." I huffed before turning back to the man. "His name is Theo by the way!" Jax called out from behind me. By now, everyone had gathered to watch the duel between me and Theo. I could hear what they were literally thinking, "A duel between our weaponry head and a newbie? Obviously Theo is going to win" 

"The rules are, you can use your abilities and you also have to use the weapons that are provided."  I walked over to the weaponry laid on the ground. I had to make a wise choice, I had no idea what Theo's ability was. 

Pursing my lips, I picked up the katanas and the bow and arrow. I was good at both close combat and using targeting weapons. I watched Theodore pick up an axe and small daggers.

A horn sounded in the still air, signalling the start of the duel. Oh Lord.

================================

Author's note

Hi guys, I'm going to try to finish this book by the end of this year because my exams just ended and I have more time to update. Once the new year starts, I won't be able to update as much because of the fact that I have so much commitments for school and I want to at least finish this book. Haha, okay thanks for reading this. :)