Bonus Chapter

//April 6 2019//

Lucy Florence

"Hey, Lucy?" I hear from outside the bedroom door. I pull Luna to my chest, patting her back to help her burp.

"Yeah, baby?" I call back to Colby. He enters the room, immediately smiling at the sight of his baby girl.

"Hey." He comes over and pecks my lips.

"Hey." With a final pat, she burps and pukes all over my shoulder and the lovie.

"Oh, that was a big one. Good job princess." Colby chuckles, taking her from me. Her head rests on his chest as she gurgles and makes her adorable baby noises.

"Are you guys headed out?" I ask, pulling one of Colby's hoodies over my head. He shakes his head, rubbing Luna's back.

"Not for another half hour." He sniffles.

"You okay?" I rub his toned arm gently. He looks up at me, his eyes are glossy.

"It's the first time I'll be away from her since she was born." A tear slips down and his voice cracks.

"Awe, baby." I pout my lips as she begins to cry. I quickly grab her binkie and place it in her mouth. We both lie down on the bed, Luna still on Colby's chest. I curl up beside him, wrapping both of my legs around one of his.

"At least it's only for a few days." I reach my hand up and wipe the stray tear off his cheek.

"That's a long time away from my girls." He turns his head to look at me, eyes red and puffy. Luna pulls her head up, chin resting on his chest and she looks between the two of us.

"Hi, Mama." Her tiny hand wraps around my finger as she gives a half-smile.

"She's so beautiful. Just like her mama." Colby whispers more to himself.

"Her mama is looking like a cow right now." I snicker when Colby's head snaps my way.

"You are beautiful." He pecks the corner of my mouth.

"My favorite thing is her eyes. She has one blue and one hazel. She is exactly half of us both." I look directly into her eyes, admiring the beauty that we have created.

***

A soft knock makes us both look towards the door. Sam stands there with Kat at his side, his arm around her shoulders.

"Hey, man. Hate to interrupt this, but we have to go." He gives a sorry smile. Colby sighs lowly, rubbing Luna's tiny hand.

"It'll be okay. We'll facetime." I take her from him and we both stand up.

"Let's walk daddy out, yeah?" Luna's head rests on my shoulder, her eyes shifting between the other three people.

***

"Bye, baby." I sniffle, looking down at Luna. Colby reaches up, his thumb and pointer finger holding my chin gently, forcing me to look at him.

"Just like you said, it's only for a few days and we'll talk every day." His smile is bright and charming.

"Yeah. But I'll be on my own with her." I give a half-hearted smile.

"No, you won't. You'll have Devyn, and Gabbie and I to help you." Kat's arm wraps around my shoulders. I sniffle and look at her. She smiles in return and kisses my cheek.

"Man, I love you guys." I rest my head against hers briefly.

"You want me to take her so you can say goodbye?" Kat extends her arms out for Luna. I pass her over, Luna's cheek resting on Kat's shoulder, looking up at her.

"Hi, cutie." Kat glances at Sam, a smile on her face. I slide my way into Colby's arms, mine wrapped around his torso and his around my shoulders. Sam and Kat walk back up to the front step and give us some privacy.

Colby's soft lips fall onto my forehead gently. I inhale deeply, trying to get his scent, fresh mint, and baby powder. I giggle lightly.

"What's so funny?" He smiles down at me, his bright blue eyes looking into my hazel ones.

"Don't even worry about it." I bite my lip and kiss him before he can answer. Our lips move soft and slow, in perfect sync. We pull away and my hands slide up, resting on his chest. I leave a final peck on his lips and one on his neck.

"I love you." I smile sadly.

"I love you more, Baby Mama." He pecks the tip of my nose and we pull away. Sam and Kat bring Luna back over and after saying one final goodbye to us three, the two leave for the next week.

My phone dings moments later saying that Colby has tagged me in an Instagram post.