17

Lucy Florence

"Hey Lucy, thanks again for coming last night. We all really appreciate it." Colby and the others stand with me at the door. Brennen was waiting for me on the porch.

"Of course. I'd do it any time." I look up at Colby, a smile on my face.

"Sorry, it was more of a traumatic experience than a fun experience." Elton shrugs.

"What? Getting chased by demons isn't fun to you?" I ask sarcastically.

"I mean, no. But uh, you do you." Amanda laughs.

"Bye guys. I'll see y'all later." I wave and walk halfway out the door before stopping. I quickly turn around and hug Colby, my arms around his torso.

He was hesitant to hug me back but eventually wrapped his arms around my shoulders.

"Thanks," I mumble so only he can hear.

"Um. You're welcome." I know he's confused, but I'll just talk to him later.

"Bye." I give one final wave to everyone and meet Brennen at his truck.

"Wanna go to lunch?" Is the first thing he asks me, a simple smile on his face. I smile back at him.

"Sure. But can I change first?" I look down at my now stained clothing from the previous day.

"Yeah, sure." He begins the drive to my house, soft music playing in the background.

***

I adjust my jean jacket as I sit on the table across from him after throwing our trash away.

"Wow, you aren't vlogging." I joke, sipping my sprite.

"I know," He gives a breathy chuckle, grabbing both of my hands across the table, "I wanna talk to you." His face becomes serious.

"Is everything okay?" I ask, concerned, squeezing both of his hands.

"Do you still love Colby?" He asks right away. My eyes go wide.

"Brennen, what do you-"

"Do you still love Colby Brock?" My body starts to shake and I don't answer him.

"Lucy, as your bestfriend, I want you to be happy." He gives me a genuine smile.

"I am happy, Brennen." He squeezes my hands in a comforting way.

"I want you to be with Colby." He says. I scrunch my eyebrows together.

"Is this a prank?" I ask, feeling slightly nauseous.

"No, it isn't." He laughs, "I'm serious."

"But, what about you?" I ask him, rubbing my thumb over his knuckles.

"I'll find someone, eventually." He shrugs, "I don't really care. I just want you to be happy." I stand up and hold my arms out for a hug. He joins and wraps his arms around my smaller body.

"I saw the way you two acted towards each other earlier, and I want you two to be close again." He speaks honestly, kissing my forehead.

"Thank you." I smile, "but I feel horrible." I say, looking up at him.

"Please, don't. I don't want your pity love." He jokes, making me laugh.

"Then you won't get it." I laugh with him, muffled by my face in his chest.

"Why are you such a beautiful person?" I whine to him.

"Because I care a lot about people." He shrugs as we sit back down.

"You're very good at your job." I laugh and finish my fries.

***

"How are we going to tell everybody?" I ask as we drive towards my house, "we just came out to them like, two days ago."

"We can... do a live stream?" He asks, pulling into the driveway. I nod and get out, unlocking the front door.

***

"Hello again!" We greet the fans rolling in.

ColbyBrock has joined your livestream

"Brennen and I have, yet another, announcement." I sigh, feeling myself becoming emotional.

"Awe, don't cry, Lucy." Brennen wraps his arm around my shoulders, hugging me to his side.

"So, we did a live stream a few days ago announcing that we were together. And we really appreciate all of the support you guys are showing us. It means a lot." I start, wiping under my eyes to keep my makeup from smearing.

"By the way, no I am not pregnant!" We both laugh.

"Um, some things have happened in those few days which have led us to the tough decision of breaking up." Brennen words carefully. For the first time, the chat freezes for a few seconds until all of the "what happened" comments roll in.

"Don't worry, it's nothing bad. We are still the bestest of friends." I squish our faces together, "and we still love each other very much."

"Yes, we are on good terms. And for now, the reasons why we broke up are going to he kept between us. Maybe we'll tell you another time, but for now, it is confidential." Brennen explains to them.

"Yeah, that's a good point. We did film a boyfriend tag, but I will not be posting it. Sorry, you guys."

<>