Epilogue

||January 25, 2019||

3rd Person

"Fuck, bro. I'm so nervous." Colby lets out an anxious breath, rubbing his hands together to rid of his sweaty palms.

"Everything is going to go great, Colby." Corey comforts him as they all stand at the altar, awaiting the time Lucy will walk down the aisle.

"Yeah, bro. You've wanted this for so long, and you're finally getting it. It's gonna be awesome." Everyone else chimes in.

Meanwhile, the bride to be was having a huge mental breakdown.

"What if he cancels?" She persists, her whole body shaking like crazy.

"Honey, listen to me." Devyn holds Lucy's face between her hands, forcing her teary eyes to look up at her, "Colby Brock certainly is not going to leave you on this altar, okay? He loves you too much to hurt you like that. Colby Brock is the luckiest man alive today. There is no other woman he wants. He wants you. Okay?"

"Yeah girl. You're totally gonna rock this wedding!" Katrina adds to lighten the mood.

"Oh my god, I love you guys." Lucy holds both of their hands. A light knock on the dressing room door averts their attention.

"Who is it?" Lucy calls, dabbing under her eyes with a tissue. Katrina walks over and opens the door. The petite woman steps aside and Lucy's parents enter.

"Mommy! Daddy!" The young woman cheers, trying not to trip over her dress as she attempts to run over to her aged parents.

"Oh my goodness, look at you! You're so beautiful." Her mother, Kathryn, gushes at the sight of her pregnant daughter.

"Congratulations my beautiful baby girl." Kevin, her father, hugs her smaller frame to his body, holding back the tears.

"Thank you." She pulls away. Behind them, all of the groomsmen stood in the doorway.

"Hi, aunty Lucy." Alexander waved up at Lucy, before running over to his father Corey.

"You look beautiful." Corey kisses her cheek before hugging her with his free arm. She thanks them all and they hang out for the next few minutes.

***

Colby's heart beats rapidly as the piano starts playing. Everyone stands from their chairs. The birds chirp and the wind is gentle. The two big doors open and Lucy stand there, her arm looped with her father's.

"Oh my god." He couldn't hold back his smile and the tears started flowing. There she is. The beautiful woman who is to become his wife.

"Hey, beautiful." He takes her hand after she hugs her dad. She doesn't have makeup on and her hair is down in its natural state.

***

"Do you, Lucy Nicole Florence, take Cole Robert Brock to be your lawfully wedded husband?" The solemnizer asks. Her heart flutters.

"I do." Her smile is huge.

"And do you, Cole Robert Brock, take Lucy Florence to be your lawfully wedded wife?" Colby's smile grows.

"I do." His voice cracks.

"I now pronounce you husband and wife. You may kiss your bride." Lucy steps on her tiptoes, taking Colby's face in her hands. They kiss for a good moment before pulling away. Colby then leans down onto one of his knees, holding Lucy's baby belly in his hands.

"I promise to be the best father in the whole entire world and I promise to take care of you every second of the day alongside your beautiful, gorgeous, sexy mother."

THE END

You guys, I can't believe this is the end😭❤. This might be one of my favorite books that I've ever written. Thank you so much to everyone who stood beside me and kept me motivated throughout this story.

I'm crying now.

What was your favorite part of the book?

I love you guys so much