10

||June 6, 2017||

Lucy Florence

"Give them back!" I giggle, reaching up to try and get my sunglasses back from Brennen.

"No, I look sexy!" He laughs, posing for his vlog camera.

"Yeah, I can't argue with that." I joke, pecking his cheek. He laughs at me, his cheeks a light pink color.

"Brennen brought me to Six Flags, you guys!" I gush to my own camera. Brennen leans down so his head is to the left of mine. My free hand squishes his face closer to mine and we both smile widely.

"Yeah, we needed to get out. So I got some tickets and... here we are."

"Thank you." I sing-song and we both stand up straight. I had pretty much gotten over Colby and became an official YouTuber on my way to a million subscribers.

***

"Alright, Mr. Taylor, what is your official review of Six Flags Great America amusement park?" I point my camera directly to his face, our hands connected as we walked through the maze of a parking lot.

"Well, Miss. Florence, it was fucking awesome. We rode all of the rides, had some delicious food and drinks. It was a little hot but well worth it. Especially since I got to spend it with my favorite person." Brennen said honestly, swaying our hands back and forth gently.

"Awe." I coo softly. "I really enjoyed today too. You're really fun to ride roller coasters with." I smile and bite my lip, staring at the ground.

"Yeah, I try my best." He chuckles, wrapping his arm around my tiny shoulders as we finished the walk to his truck.

***

Brennen rested his head on my lower abdomen, slowly drifting to sleep. I decide to record myself singing to him on Snapchat, trying not to make it obvious that I'm in only my bralette and short shorts.

"I couldn't see how every sign, pointed straight to you... That every long lost dream lead me to where you are. Others who broke my heart, they were like northern stars. Pointing me on my way into your loving arms." My fingers ran through his dark brown hair, my nails gently grazing his scalp in a calming manner.

"This much I know is true. That God blessed the broken road. That lead me straight to you. Yes, it did.

"I think about the years I spent, just passing through. I'd like to have the time I lost and give it back to you. But you just smile and take my hand." I skip some of the song.

"And now I'm just rolling home, into my lover's arms. This much I know is true. That God blessed the broken, that lead me straight to you." I stop recording, save it then post it. Keeping my hand in his hair, I post the video to Twitter too.

"Sing some more, please." I hear him mumble, his warm breath blowing on my thighs. I giggle.

"Okay." I think of a song.

"A drop in the ocean, a change in the weather.
I was praying that you and me might end up together. It's like wishing for rain as I stand in the desert. But I'm holding you closer than most 'cause you are my heaven." I can feel his light breaths on my legs and I knew he is asleep.

"I don't wanna waste the weekend. If you don't love me pretend. A few more hours then it's time to go. And as my train rolls down the east coast. I wonder how you keep warm. It's too late to cry. Too broken to move on, and still I can't let you be. Most nights I hardly sleep. Don't take what you don't need from me. It's just a drop in the ocean, a change in the weather. I was praying that you and me might end up together."

"Its like wishing for rain as I stand in the desert. But I'm holding you closer than most 'cause you are my heaven. Misplaced trust and old friends, never counting regrets. By the grace of God I do not rest at all. And New England as the leaves change. The last excuse that I'll claim I was a girl who loved a boy.
And still I cant let you be. Most nights I hardly sleep. Don't take what you don't need from me
It's just a drop in the ocean. A change in the weather. I was praying that you and me might end up together." I finish quietly, playing with the tips of his hair.

<>