08

||May 6, 2017||

Lucy Florence

"I cannot fucking believe that this is going to be my first YouTube video." I sigh, sitting on the grey dining chair in front of my camera.

"This whole Twitter rumor bullshit is really pissing me off and I thought that I should clear this shit up.

"For starters. I am not dating Brennen Taylor nor am I dating Colby Brock. I have never dated either of them. Okay? Good."

"This video," I hold up my phone and play the video that Brennen took, "was taken way out of context." I toss my phone on the ground beside me.

"A little background story, I guess. Even though it just happened like, two days ago. Brennen is my best friend and has been for many years. We've always been cuddly like that together. We are comfortable enough around each other to where we have no problems changing in front of each other and wearing clothing like that around each other.

"This night specifically, was a very traumatic night for us, more specifically me. I won't say too much because it will give away Brennen's video. I don't know when that is going up." I clear my throat slightly.

"Basically, we went to an abandoned place, played the Ouija board, scary shit happened and I was absolutely terrified to fall asleep. And being a good friend, Brennen was there to comfort me, as I was for him."

"Because of all this, I lost someone I loved."

"Colby..." I start, squeezing my eyes shut and trying not to cry.

"Colby pretty much hates me over a shitty misunderstanding. So, thanks for that Twitter. People have called me a slut and told me to kill myself... all because my best friend tried to comfort me." I finally let the tears fall freely, my hands holding my head up.

"I know I got some well-deserved backlash for my last tweet. But, uh, I deleted it and I want to take this time to apologize. There is absolutely no excuse for my hurtful words. I was just upset and angry and I'm sorry. That was a shitty choice and, again I deserved the backlash." I wipe my face with my flannel sleeve.

"Colby, if you're watching this, I'm sorry that this has hurt you so much. And I'm sorry you had to go through this.

"But uh, hopefully, this straightens things out. The rumors are not true. Think before you tweet something and don't jump to conclusions because it can hurt a lot of people. Bye guys." I cover the lens, my voice cracking on the last word. I turn the camera off and cry some more.

***

I finally finish the minimal editing needed, post the video, then tweet it out.

I sit at the head of my bed, knees to my chest

I sit at the head of my bed, knees to my chest. I grab a pillow, stuff my face into it and muffle my loud sobs.

***

*knock knock*

I sigh and get up, throwing the pillow to the side. As I walk to the door, I wipe the wet streaks off of my face.

"Hey." Brennen's soft voice rings as soon as I open the door.

"Hey..." I sniffle, wiping my nose and forcing a smile. Brennen immediately pulls me into his chest, his large arms wrapped around my shoulders.

"I miss him." I cry into his black shirt, feeling his chest heave deeply. He lets out a slow sigh.

"I know." His large hand rubs big circles in my back.

"I saw your video and I came over to apologize." His voice is slightly muffled since his cheek is resting on top of my head.

"It's not your fault, Brennen..." I pull back from him, rubbing his arm.

"But it is... if I had never posted that Snapchat, everything would be fine." He looks directly into my eyes and I know he's sincere.

I stand on my tiptoes and wrap my arms around his neck to hug him and kiss his cheek.

"Don't blame this on yourself," I mumble against his neck, watching the goosebumps form on his tan skin.

"I don't like seeing you cry, Lucy." He holds my face gently between his hands, his thumb grazing my cheekbone.

"Sometimes it's just better." I shrug as he wipes a fresh tear from my eye. We just stand there in the doorway, the nice Los Angeles air blowing in and out... and it wasn't awkward. Instead, I feel very comfortable with him at this moment.

and I don't want it to end.

***

"Pillow fight champion, huh?" Brennen slurs, referring to my sleep-shirt

"Pfft, duh." I laugh, crawling onto the bed, sitting beside him after we both take another shot of vodka.

"C'mere." He opens his arms from where he's laying. I continue and crawl until my body is laying on top of his, my chin resting on his chest so I can look up at his face. He gives me a charming, yet mischievous smile. I cock up an eyebrow.

Suddenly, he begins to tickle my sides. I shoot up quickly, trying to get out of his grip.

"Brennen, stop!" I screech and laugh loudly

"Brennen, stop!" I screech and laugh loudly. He flips us so that he is on top of me, continuing to tickle me mercilessly.

"Why should I?" He asks over my endless, drunk giggles.

"Because you love me!" I squeal. He stops for a second as if thinking.

"Hmm... not a good enough answer." He tickles me even harder. I hit his bare chest before grabbing his neck, pulling him down so his face is against my chest. With this advantage, I flip us over but we fall off of the bed, Brennen landing on top of me.

<>