11- A Little Closer

Comincia dall'inizio

No. I won't go.

Something clicks. Confusion. Mystery. "Who?" Kiaan rasps letting go of her hand gently. "Look, let's sit inside the car and talk." He suggests with a tender voice. His palms are flat in the air, bouncing—mildly—as if talking to a kid or a naughty or perhaps an angry dog into obeying him and considering his offer.

His fiancé stares at him with unreadable expressions so Kiaan takes the opportunity to carefully—ears open for any refusal—touch her arm—below her shoulder and above her elbow—to bring her closer to the car.

Jaanvi tentatively moves back. His arms withdraw obeying her response. Dhruv and Aditi both silently watch the couple. Observing how respectful Kiaan is to her opinions even in this state and keeps a good distance between the two.

Dhruv is wide-eyed and speechless to see his elder brother so controlled and mature and captivating with Jaanvi because she seems to pay close attention to him.

And Aditi is shell-shocked to see her friend listening—so far—to everything Kiaan had to say. She didn't listen to me. Is she sure he's her enemy? Her best friend, who can be stubborn when she's angry is civilly listening to someone else's perspective? Aditi was sure this was—is not hate.

"No, I'm not going. At least not right now." She walks to the bench near her and sits hugging her legs to her hot heart. Stop it. She tells her heart. Her heart wasn't beating according to her desire. It was hot, the blood was pumping faster like lightening as if death was in front of her and she fears it.

Her grandma once told her, 'It's because you think from your heart. Not your brain. If you use your brain more often in life your heart wouldn't be reacting this way. You wouldn't feel the rage when the opponent lies right to your face—even though you both know they're wrong—because your heart would be turned off. This is not a good sign. Your heart getting effected and targeted is not a good sign, my child.' (Quoted by my mum)

He can see she was hurt. She didn't look happy like before or confident in her skin or chirpy. Kiaan clutches his hair in drowsiness before sitting beside her on the bench. He glances at her left profile and he catches a glimpse of her cheek.

"Who hit you?" He grimly growls. His teeth chattering expressions how astringent he is. The thought of someone touching his Ariel sets fire in his heart. How could anyone hit her? She was so generous to everyone and did everything in her power to make other smiles, of course, not him.

"Why does it matter? Y-you hate me, right?" She questions finally looking at him, all this time her eyes were gazing at the dark cloudy sky seeking for comfort and unanswered questions.

"Who said I hate you?" He responds getting irritated, "Don't dodge the question, answer me damn it." All his tenderness vanishes in the air. He clasps his hand around her wrist demanding for a straight-forward answer.

Squirming in pain to his touch he takes a look at her wrist to find dark red marks. Bring her hand upright in front of his eyes his stomach flips. Swallowing a lump he kisses her left and right wrist making her freeze in her spot. Her lips part, drawing a breath, shocked by his actions.

"I'm sorry. I caused this, correct?" He recalls today's event. His voice changes, he wasn't cruel or bossy but full of guilt.

"Sometimes physical wounds don't hurt as much as emotional." Comes her soft weak voice. Jaanvi took her hands away from his and snakes them around her naked arms. Now that her anger has cooled down a little she can feel the cold air touching her bare skin making her shiver.

"Let's get inside the car." He suggests once again seeing her shivering. He stood up waiting for her to follow him.

She gives her head a shake and stays seated on the bench not moving an inch.