Chapter Ten

Don't worry, I'm still alive. :) Here's another chapter! I really hope you enjoy it. Beware, there is a LOT of drama coming up...

Here's...CHAPTER TEN! :D

---------------------------

Chapter Ten

Darcy’s POV

We arrived in California at a fairly reasonable time. I took caution with every step I made. The clerk at the hotel even looked suspicious to me. I really hated going from hotel to hotel, but that’s life when you’re a bodyguard. I dropped my room key. When I bent down to get it, the clerk bent down as well and started whispering in my ear.

“I know who you are.”

“Really? Because I know who you are too, Clark…” I said, looking at his name tag.

“I know your father.”

“Everybody does,” I sighed.

He stood up and crossed his arms. “IS Elevated still running?”

“Yeah, how do you know them?” I asked.

“My brother was killed by them,” He said as his voice became harsh.

“I’m sorry…”

“Don’t be. I’m Clark Westmont. I think we’d make a good team,” He said.

“It’s nice to meet you, Clark. I need to get up to my room now,” I said.

I awkwardly waved goodbye. How many people’s lives had been affected by Elevated? I knew they murdered ruthlessly and got into the drug trafficking business, but I never really stopped to think about how many innocent lives they’ve ruined. It made my insides boil with anger. In my mind, I vowed to stop them for all of the strangers that they killed.

Zayn pulled me into the elevator. He looked pretty angry.

“What’s wrong?” I asked.

“Every hotel we go to, you end up talking to some guy,” He huffed.

“Zayn, it was really important.”

“Oh, don’t tell me… Elevated?” Zayn asked as he rolled his eyes.

“Actually, yes.”

He narrowed his eyes and me and crossed his arms over his chest.

“Darcy –”

“Can we please talk about this in the suite?” I interrupted him.