Chapter Two

"You say that we're all tied up and wrapped around in useless states of mind."

- Beauty In The Breakdown by The Scene Aesthetic

--------------------------

Darcy's POV

All five of their jaws dropped open after I told them that I was their new bodyguard. Will, Tom, and George were snickering in the corner.

“You’re joking, right?” The one named Louis asked.

“Does it look like I’m joking?” I asked.

“But you’re a girl!” Harry stated.

“Good observation,” I said rolling my eyes.

The blonde one named Niall laughed loudly at this.

“So, you really are our new bodyguard?” Zayn asked.

“Yes,” I answered.

“What’s your name?” Liam asked.

“My name’s Darcy Cambridge,” I said.

“It’s nice to meet you, love,” Harry said while winking at me.

I nodded in his direction and then his eyes roamed my body.

“Well, you sure don’t look like a bodyguard. You look more like a model,” Harry said. “What are you going to do to protect us? Seduce people that try to attack us?”

The other boys laughed at his comment. Teenage boys were so annoying. Why did everyone like One Direction anyways? As far as I’m concerned they’re sexist and perverted.

Harry waved his hand in front of my face and asked, “Hellooo? Can you hear me?”

I grabbed his hand and twisted it and then put my other hand on his lower back and flipped him over onto the ground. I put my foot on his chest more lightly than I would anyone else (I didn’t want to bruise his sternum) because I was supposed to be working for him, not trying to kill him. He clearly thought I was going to kill him, so he sprung up and stood behind Louis.

“Don’t underestimate me,” I told him.

“What are you, some type of Russian spy or something?” Louis asked.

“No. I’m from America,” I told him.

“So you’re an American spy?” He asked.

“Sure,” I told him.

“Wow, I’ve just met a real spy!” Louis joyfully said.

He high-fived me. I declared Louis as my favorite so far.

“We should probably get to the hotel,” Liam suggested.

Tom, George, and Will all nodded and ushered us toward the limo that awaited the boys outside. The boys all fought to get in first. What ever happened to ladies first? Oh, right, the twenty-first century did.