Chapter Eleven

Hi everyone!

I'm so sorry that I put this story on hold, but I am continuing to write it, so expect regular updates! I hope all of you will still read this story even though I haven't updated in a while... I'm very sorry for that. Please tell me what you think of it!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -  - -

Chapter Eleven

Rory’s POV

            I took a deep breath before I looked at the ties around my feet. My arms were tied to the arms of the chair so I saved them for last. I uncomfortably shifted my feet violently to get the rope off of them. After trying for nearly an hour, it finally came loose. I kicked it off and then begin to untie my hands. However, a buzzer went off that broke my attention from the ropes on my hands. I looked up and the clock was blinking. The axe swung and cut the ropes, releasing the bars. Vicious dogs ran straight for me and I began untying my hands as fast as possible.

He lied. He tricked me into thinking I had five hours when I didn’t even have an hour. Sweat formed as the dogs got closer and closer. The first dog pounced on me and ripped the material of my pants off of my left leg. Five sets of teeth were planted into my leg. I screamed out loud and continued to untie myself. Once I was free, I kicked as hard as I could but the attack dogs appeared invincible. Blood was seeping out of wounds on my legs faster than I’d liked. I knew I would pass out from the blood loss soon if I did not get out of here.

My cell phone rang from my back pocket. I knew it was Darcy. I groaned as I ran for the stairs in the far right side of the building. One of the dogs ripped off my right shoe, so I ran with only one shoe on. My sweat stung the open wounds that were all over my body. Just as I reached the top, a sharp set of teeth sunk into the back of my arm and jerked me backwards. As the dog ripped chunks of my flesh apart from my body, I swung my foot around and broke the rabid animal’s jaw. It fell down the stairs and lay limp at the bottom.

The blood pouring from my arm littered the floor as I ran for the exit. Once I reached the exit, a knife was plunged into my side. I fell to my knees as he twisted it and then pulled the knife out. I gasped for breath. He pulled me to the feet by my hair and looked me in the eyes.

“You’re a fool for not following orders, Rory. It’s a shame you’re going to die,” John Jackson said.

“Darcy will put an end to this. You won’t be able to kill her. I have faith in her. You and Jacoby will have no success and your worlds will both crumble to pieces,” I told him.

He only smiled.

“Isn’t a shame you won’t be alive to see it?” John asked as he tried to stab me with the knife once again.

I grabbed the knife and twisted his arm. I threw the knife over the ledge.

“Isn’t it a shame that you’re not an expert in hand to hand combat?” I asked him sarcastically.

I crouched down and pulled my bloody fists up to protect my face. I swung and hit his jaw with enough force to knock him down.