Chapter Six

Sorry for the wait! This chapter is dedicated to Emzybear. She's Emilee in the story. :) She's really awesome so you should go check out her page! :D

I hope everyone enjoys this chapter! Please give me feedback! Vote/Comment <3

------------------------

Chapter Six

Zayn’s POV

            Kris walked in front of me as he led the way to Elevated’s hideout. I was getting more nervous by the second. I bit my lip. As I examined my surroundings, I began to get a bit weary. Kris seemed to be a bit uneasy. After walking for quite a while, Kris turned around and faced me. He put on a smile and pointed to a building up ahead.

“It’s just up there,” He said.

His voice seemed sickeningly sweet. I followed him as he walked behind the building and climbed in through a really small window.

“Come on,” He called to me from the inside.

“Okay mate,” I said.

I climbed through the window and jumped down into an empty room.

“Follow me,” Kris ordered.

I did as I was told. Hallway after hallway we walked. My mind took over and made me regret this decision. My phone was vibrating non stop. It was no doubt the boys. I’d taken an interest in Darcy, and there was no way that I’d let her get hurt by these Elevated guys.

I almost jumped a foot in the air as a loud gunshot echoed through the building. My heart was racing. What if Darcy was hurt?

“Kris, what was that?” I asked.

Silence.

“Kris, can you help me save Darcy?”

No reply.

“Are you even listening?”

Kris turned around and looked down at me with a twisted grin imprinted upon his face.

“You stupid little Brit, did you honestly think I’d help you?” He sneered.

“W-what?” I stuttered.

“I know you heard what I said. Listen, Darcy’s dead. Did you hear that gunshot? That was Mr. Jackson ending her life!” Kris roared.

My heart stopped. I felt myself slowly becoming numb all over. I didn’t get shaken out of it until Kris was hit in the back of his head. He fell to the ground in a slump. I looked at the predator and saw a girl.

“Hurry, we have to help Darcy!” She yelled.

She grabbed me by the hand and dragged me down yet another hallway. She burst into a room. I saw a man slumped on the ground and a bleeding Darcy leaning up against the wall. Her face was pale and she was clutching her arm. She smiled weakly when she saw me.

“Help me lift her,” The girl ordered.

I picked Darcy up bridal style by myself and then took directions from the girl.

We found our way out of the building and she called the police and an ambulance. I still held Darcy in my arms. Even though she always came across as a tough, hard-to-crack kind of girl, when I looked at her now I only saw a fragile little girl.