Chapter 27

Noelle sipped at her tea as she looked out on onto the school grounds, she sighed bitterly as she watched the snow melt onto the grass. She missed the snow already, but she loved spring too. Her and Sirius had been doing amazingly, despite the rising amount of magical killings outside of Hogwarts their lives were good, or as good as they could be. The girls of Hogwarts were finally backing off of Noelle, she was getting less and less threats every day, which was nice. Barely any glares in the dining hall.

"Hey Doll. You mourning the snow?" Sirius asked teasingly, sitting next to her on the window sill.

"A little. Though it'll be nice to feel the warm sun again." Noelle grinned at her boyfriend, she loved to look at him. He always had a cute grin on his face, his gray eyes filled with mischief. He was such a beautiful person, inside and out.

"Like what you see?" Sirius teased, leaningly closely to her. She could feel his breath on her lips.

"Always have." Noelle said honestly, a smile on her lips. Sirius grinned and leaned into her, giving her a slow kiss. Merlin, his kisses took her breath away. She loved the feeling of his lips against hers, his body pressed against her. She couldn't get enough of him. She wove her fingers in his hair, pulling him closer. He was like a drug, and man, was she addicted to the drug called Sirius Black. His hands sent wildfires through her, her skin hot against his fingers whenever he touched her. The feeling was overwhelming, the feeling of him. Sirius Black caused a feeling she couldn't explain. He was irresistible. He pulled away, and suddenly she spoke.

"I love you." She hadn't meant to say it, and she regretted it the moment she say the terrified look on his face. It just slipped out, but she meant it. She meant it with every fiber in her being. He pulled away from her, his fingers dropping from her sides "I'm sorry I-uh- I.." Noelle trailed off, her eyes tearing up at the rejection. "I'll just go." She knocked down her mug as she ran, the shattering of the glass closely resembling how broken her heart felt.

She threw open the door to her dorm, broken sobs escaping her mouth as she threw herself down on her bed. She screwed it up, she screwed it all up.

"Noelle? What's wrong?" Isabelle asked concerned. Noelle opened her mouth to speak, only sobs escaping her lips. She tried to take a deep breath, but air wouldn't come into her lungs. She wheezed, trying to get as much air into her lungs as possible even with the sobs still coming.

"Sirius..." Was the only thing that came could make it out of her mouth, her entire chest constricting at his name. Noelle grasped at her chest, she couldn't breath anymore.

"What did he do?" Isabelle asked anger slowly rising.

"It was me. I fucked it all up Bella I fucked everything up." Noelle cried out, wiping her wet cheeks only for more tears to fall.

"Okay? What did you do then? I will take care of whatever it is." Isabelle said as she tried to console her best friend.

"I-I told him I loved him. I didn't mean to! It just slipped out and he looked so scared and he backed away from me and couldn't even make eye contact with me I fucked it all up he must hate me now." Noelle wailed, pulling at her hair in distress.

"Ah. Well, you didn't ruin anything. He's an ass if thats how he responded." Isabelle said as she slowly started planning out her lecture to Sirius.

"It was too soon. It's all my fault." Noelle whispered, her voice cracking. Tears still fell from her eyes, her chest was still constricting but she had somewhat calmed down. Enough to talk normally.

"Noelle, this isn't your fault! Why don't we go talk to him? Maybe something was miscommunicated or something. I knew he was an ass but I can clearly see that you like him a lot." Isabelle said as she rubbed Noelle's back.