Chapter 32

I wake up to my mom lightly shaking me awake. It's still dark out.

"You had another nightmare." She says, climbing into the bed with me and hugging me.

It's been a week since Tori got in the accident, and she has to stay for a couple days. I've been having nightmares every night since that day. All the same thing: seeing her ghost outside her body.

"What was it about, honey?" My mom asks, her hand stroking my hair.

I quickly think of something. "Just how she looked and imagining how the accident went. I can only imagine and it's completely scary."

"I know, honey. It's 4 am, do you want some hot chocolate and then go back to sleep?" My mom asks.

"No, I'll be okay." I say and my mom gets up.

She takes another look at me, "I love you." And then she leaves.

I lay back down and let myself fall asleep.

~

"I need to take you on a formal date, Mar. Plus it'll get you away from the stress of what happened." Luke says over video chat.

"Okay." I sigh.

"It'll be fun!" Luke smiles.

"When will we go on this date?" I ask. "You can't just show up at my house or something and say that we're going out that instant."

"Well, I could, but I won't do that to you. How about tonight around four I'll pick you up?" Luke asks.

"Sure." I smile. "Bye, Luke."

"Bye, Mar."

We hang up.

About four hours later I begin to get ready for the date. He never said where we're going, so I decide on a nice sweater, scarf, skinny jeans, and my knock-off uggs.

I curl my hair and wait for him to arrive.

The doorbell rings and I run down the steps.

"Where are you going?" My mom asks.

"Out with Luke." I say quietly.

"Don't be out too late and drive safe." My mom says and kisses my cheek. "I love you, Mar."

My mom's been really into making sure we're safe, now. I like it, but I'm afraid she'll be too overprotective for a while.

"I will. Love you, mom." I say and open the door to Luke, dressed in a dark jacket and nice khaki pants.

"Hello, Mar. Looking beautiful as ever." Luke smiles and look me up and down.

"Thank you." I blush. "So where are we going?"

We climb into Luke's car.

"You'll see." He smiles and pulls out of the driveway.

"How far is it?" I whine.

"Extremely far." Luke says in a sarcastic voice.

"I don't want to sit that long.." I whine.

"Well too bad." Luke mocks and continues to drive.

"So how's your sister?" Luke asks

"Oh, well, she's okay. I mean, she's alive, which is good. But she was lucky." I say, tensing up a little at the thought of the subject.

Luke rubs his hand on my thigh. He must know the tension I'm feeling. "It'll be okay. The worst is over."

I smile a little at that. It's true, and a good thing to think about.

Luke drives for a couple more minutes and then we pull up to a pizzeria. Nothing special.

"Just stay in the car, I'll get the pizza." Luke promises and quickly heads to the door.

Why would we be getting pizza of all things and why wouldn't we be going in? Maybe he has other plans for us?

Luke walks out with a large pizza box and puts it in the passenger seat in the back. Then he moves to the drivers seat and pulls out of the driveway.

"I promise you, it'll be a good date. If not, I'll take you out on a different one soon." Luke says.

"Where are we going?" I ask.

"A park."

"In cold weather?"

"I promise it'll be something good. We'll have to eat the pizza in the car, otherwise it'll cool off too much. Just trust me." He pleads.

"Okay." I say, raising my eyebrows. I hope this is good.

We pull up in an almost empty parking lot of a city park. It's lightly snowing outside, and there's no wind. It's dark out, the sun just set, and there are lights leading through a pathway. It's beautiful outside.

"Bon a petite." Luke smiles and opens the pizza box.

I smile and grab a slice, taking a bite of the sausage, pepper, and onion pizza. Luke and I decided that's our favorite pizza to get, and I would never have anything else on my pizza. The slice is warm and delicious.

"Mmmm." I smile at the taste.

"This is my favorite pizza aside from your's." Luke smiles.

I smile back at him and finish the piece of pizza. We continue to eat and talk in between bites. Once we are finished, Luke puts the box in the back seat and gets out of the car. He hurries around to my side and open's the door for me.

"My lady." He says dopily. It makes me laugh and he offers his hand. I take it and he closes the door behind me, still holding my hand.

"So what are we doing?" I ask, my breath coming out in puffs of white due to the cold weather. Surprisingly, though, it doesn't feel too bad out.

"We're taking a walk around the park. It's beautiful out and there's perfect weather." Luke smiles. I smile back at him, once again.

"Alright." I say.

"Tell me if you get cold and we'll come back to the car. I don't want you to freeze." He says.

"Will do." I say and we walk on a long path in the little flurries of snow. There are lights along the path that illuminate the path just enough, but not too much. I hear a small breeze in the distance, but it makes the scene so much more beautiful. I sigh as I take it all in.

For a little bit, I forgot all about all my problems.

Luke wraps his arm over my shoulder and I wrap my arm around his waist. We fit together almost like a puzzle piece.

"This is probably the best date I've ever been on and we're not even halfway through it." Luke says.

"Why is that?" I ask and look up at him. We stop walking and he smiles at me. Our eyes lock and I can't help but stare into his bright eyes.

"Because I'm here with my dream girl. The one I've wanted for forever." Luke says so quietly it's close to a whisper. "And she's as beautiful, kind, smart, and amazing as always." I blush and quickly stand on my tip toes to kiss him on the lips. What he said made me want to cry. I'm very sensitive to things like this.

Luke lightly cups my face and kisses me back and then we continue to walk; our bodies fitting together again like a puzzle piece.

This was a great date, even if it wasn't very classy.

I loved it. Every second of it.

~Author's Note~

So hopefully you guys read the Author's Note that I posted earlier... I'm really sorry about the late updating, but I'm getting busy again. Volleyball and school are coming up and I might be moving so it's a lot to worry about in my everyday life.

I hope you all can understand!

I'll try and update at LEAST once a week!

Please ***VOTE*** and comment!

Thank you all for understanding and reading!

-Izzy :)