Chapter 20

OHHH the big 20!! Thank you all for getting me this far! :) To the top or the right (depends what device you're using) is Nicola Peltz, cast as Marney! :)

I wake up and freak out as I forget where I am for a minute. Then I remember that I'm at Luke's house, and remember what happened last night.

Max cheated on me with my best friend.

I instantly start to cry, and can't help myself for doing so. It's hard to believe that this happened at all. What did I do that made me deserve this? Obviously something. How is it that some people you trust just turn into people you shouldn't have trusted at all? It's just so upsetting!

I keep crying and can barely seem to stop. All of a sudden, the bathroom door opens and out pops Luke.

All he's wearing is a towel around his bottom half. His hair is wet, and I can't help but stair at his six pack. It's definitely not a bad sight to see.

Even seeing that, I can't stop from crying.

Luke walks over to me, sitting on the bed. He awkwardly rubs my back like he did the night before, but instead of letting him just rub my back, I come closer to him and give him a hug. He wraps his arms around me and rubs my back, continually. He doesn't say a word, and I think it's good that he doesn't as it could just cause more problems.

I calm down about 20 minutes later, still in his arms.

"Are you doing a little better, now?" Luke asks, pulling away from the embrace slowly.

All I can do is nod and wipe my tears.

"Thanks for the little bath of tears you gave my shoulder." I laugh as her wipes it with his hand.

"I'm such a baby right now. I'm not normally like this." I shake my head.

"That's alright. Hey, you wanna know a secret? I've never told anybody, and I think I can trust you." He looks nervous.

"What is it?" I ask. He looks at me, and gives me a look that shows that he's ashamed.

"I.... I'm gay and I've always had a crush on Max.... Well... Until now. I really thought he was interested in me a while back." He can't hold in seriousness anymore and just laughs at himself. "I'm just kidding. I'm 100% straight. I wouldn't, um, know so many girls so well, if you know what I mean." He wiggles his eyebrows like he thinks he can seduce me.

"That wasn't very nice about the gay thing. I think if it wasn't me, someone would've taken it the wrong way. You didn't mean that though. And, gross about knowing girls too well. You basically know me after last night." I blush remembering him walking into the bathroom while I was changing.

"Oh god... I'm really, really sorry about that. I didn't mean to do that. I was so tired and basically sleep walking. I would never do it purposely."

"I know. It's fine." I say and wipe my eyes again to get rid of the rest of the tears near them.

"Well, I'm gonna change quickly, and then we can get breakfast." He says, standing up.

Just before he gets to the door, the towel falls from his waist and hits the floor and I'm staring at his exposed lower body. "Shit!" Luke yells and runs behind the door, closing it without grabbing the towel. Luckily it was his backside.

"Looks like I know you a little too much, now, too." I say and I hear nervous laughter behind the door. I giggle loudly and grab my phone from an end table next to the bed.

There are ten unread texts on my phone: six from Ally, three from Max, and one from my mom. I decide to look at the text from my mom.

Morning, honey! I'm going to be out w/ the boys shopping 4 new clothes at the mall. I should be gone all day, so make sure to text b4 u get home so I can get a start on going home to let u into the house.