Chapter 15

Sorry for taking forever to update!! Excuse any mistakes!

Enjoy!!! :)

Where are they? I thought they were supposed to meet me at the garage. They left before me, so they have to be somewhere...

But where?

"Ally? Max? Where the hell did you guys go?" I walk around looking for them but can't find them anywhere.

First of all, I have no way to get into the house, now, and second, I need to find them to make sure they're okay!

I hear a bush rustle behind me and I tense.

Slowly, I turn around to see who or what may be in the bush behind me, but see nothing.

This night has gone from great to freaky really quick...

"Ally?! Seriously, this isn't funny!" I say, making sure I don't say it too loud to wake anyone up.

I hear another rustling and spin around to see a shadow coming near me. Thankfully it's not a ghost because this would be the worst time to see one when a bunch of popular jocks are possibly watching me.

"Why'd you smack me?" Luke pops out, which makes me jump. He's holding his cheek. I must have hit him pretty hard!

"I told you to leave. You're seriously lucky that I'm not calling the police on you. I told you this already. Leave. Every single one of the people in your sick group. This isn't nice or cool." I say with a frown. I look at Luke and can see in the faint light from the moon that he looks a little sad or something. Why, though?

"Okay, well, I guess we all better get going then. Have fun with your boyfriend... Wherever he is. Just be warned that he's not the most trustworthy. Even if he may seem like it." Luke takes off down my driveway, looking back only once. But he surprisingly doesn't smirk. Instead, he looks a little..... Worried? There must have been a trick of the light. Considering it's dark out, I may have imagined it.

"'Not the most trustworthy' my ass. And for the last time, I'm not dating him. So stop saying he's my boyfriend." The words come out harsh, and I don't mean it. Hopefully Max isn't around to hear it. Then again, I kind of want him to hear it because that would mean he's somewhere around here, near me.

I then turn around and start looking for either Max or Ally.

About 15 minutes later I find them in some bushes.

"What the hell? What happened about meeting by the garage?" I want to yell at them, but then I'd definitely wake someone up.

"Well, it was actually probably a stupid spot to meet. We decided to come over here and hope you'd find us. Were you talking to someone or were you talking to yourself?" Max asks.

"No, I wasn't talking to myself. I'm not crazy and wouldn't you think it could've been something else?" I make a fake cough and say "Ghosts?"

"Oh... Uhh... Yeah... Crappy time for one to show up, though. Why wouldn't you ignore it? People could've still been watching--"

I cut him off.

"I was really talking to Luke." I wrinkle my nose as I say it.

"That's an attractive face, Mar. You should make that face a lot!" Ally jokes. I glare at her.

Max laughs then says, "That makes more sense... What did he say?"

I think for a minute about what to say. I'm not going to say that he said Max wasn't trustworthy. That's rude...

"He said that he's still thinking that you and I are dating. He's so stupid." I say.

"Actually, I think it would be nice if we dated... Only secretly, seeing as how you can't really tell your parents and no one at school can find out since this is such a big deal for some reason..." Max trails off.