Chapter 18

THIS IS SUCH A LATE UPDATE I'M SO SORRY! To the top or the right (depends which device you're using) is Alex Pettyfer, cast as Luke :)

Dinner was annoying.

There's no better way of saying it...

Luke was overly nice and I don't like that. Why he would even be nice to me all of a sudden makes me wonder. We used to hate each other and fight every time we got.

If he likes me I swear I'll throw something at someone. I swear.

How the rest of dinner went:

We ate dinner at a large table in their dining room that was alongside the kitchen. They had windows looking out to their pool which was now lit up by fluorescent lights.

The food was chicken on the bone and lots of sides to add to our plates. I was full of varieties of food. But I didn't really enjoy it. Not really...

Luke every now and then would smile at me while my mom and his would talk about how we are doing in school and what we've been doing. Obviously, Luke was the big soccer jock and I was just the girl doing well in school... Mostly.

I have problems for whatever reason in history. Luke does not. So, being the great person Mrs. Hart is, she offered him to help me out.

"No, I'll be fine! I can work on bringing my grade up." I say. "It's just a B-, mom. I really don't need to worry." I really don't. A B isn't bad.

"But if it means some help, Mar, then he'd be a good asset to you." My mom's eyebrows raise as if she's saying 'Just do it.'

So I nod. "Fine."

"Oh how amazing! Our kids can be together even more! I was so crushed when Marney quit soccer! She was very good." Mrs. Hart says in a cheery voice.

She annoys the hell out of me.

The rest of the dinner was boring. I didn't enjoy listening to Mrs. Hart brag about Luke and neither did my mom. I could tell because her jaw was set another way that always let me know when she was pissed or annoyed.

At the end of dinner, Luke and I talked a little bit and he invited me to a party in a couple days. I agreed to go if Max was invited as well and he slowly nodded, a little upset.

The night of the party:

I get ready for the party. I curl my naturally straight, brown hair. My hair flows down to the middle of my back and I pull some hair to the front of me. I add some more mascara and eyeliner and a small amount of pink lipstick and gloss. I throw on a black mini skirt and a pink top. I'm not really into pink, but that's okay.

At 8:00, Ally comes to get me to take me to the party. She wasn't invited but I'm going to get her in one way or another. She's not going to sit out of a big party.

"Hey!" She says as I get into the car with my sleepover stuff. I had to lie to my mom, telling her that I was sleeping over at Ally's which is actually what I'm planning on doing after the party. I already know that I'm not going to drink anything at the party. I'm not stupid.

I do, on the other hand, have plans on meeting Max somewhere in the yard at some point where no one will see us. He plans on texting me.

"You ready?" I ask Ally. This is her first party, but my fifth.

"Yes! I can't wait!" She smiles and pulls the car out of the driveway.

Ally is really really pretty. I'd love to look like her. She's got beautiful blond hair and bright green eyes. She's nice to almost anyone and she's always got something to say. The reason she isn't popular (neither am I) is because she doesn't put herself out much. Neither do I, which is why we don't do much with that crowd of people.