Chapter 31

THANKS FOR 2K!!!

I honestly cried a little writing this chapter, so be warned...

We arrive at the hospital just minutes after I get the call from my mom.

"Who was in the accident?" Luke asks.

I shake my head. "I don't know." I tear up.

"Marney, it'll be okay." He says as I park the car and we climb out.

We walk quickly through the doors and to the ICU area.

"Name?" A nurse asks kindly.

"I'm Marney Ables..." I say.

"And he is?" She points towards Luke.

"Luke... Luke Hart. He's my cousin." I lie.

"We'll page your mother here to meet you two." The nurse says.

"Who is it that was in the accident?" I ask, my voice shaking.

"It was a girl with the name Tori Ables. I would guess she's your sister?" She says.

I nod as tears begin to spill down my cheeks, my throat hurting from trying to keep in the tears.

Luke wraps me in a hug as I cry.

"Marney?" My mom asks and runs over. Her hair is wild and mascara is running down her cheeks from crying.

"Mom! How is she?" I ask, still crying.

"She's critical. What's Luke doing here?" She asks.

"Well, he's our cousin. He should be here too." I say, and nod my head towards the nurse a little. My mom nods and quickly leads us to a room with a glass window showing surgeons working hard on an almost unrecognizable Tori.

"Oh my god." I say and begin to cry again. "How?"

Luke hugs me again.

"She wanted to drive alone and there was some ice... Someone swerved in the other lane and hit her car. She was right in front of us." My dad says. I can hear the pain in his voice.

This cannot be happening. What if she dies? I won't have a sister to look up to anymore.

I cry harder at the thought, soaking Luke's shirt. He rubs my back and seems to not mind that I'm soaking it.

I turn my head towards the window and watch the surgeons in blue uniforms rushing around and working on helping her.

And then I see it.

I scream and push Luke as I run to the window.

Tori's figure is beside the bed, crying, as the people try to save her almost totally dead body. She looks at me and notices that I see her and she looks frightened.

"What's wrong?" My mom asks.

Obviously they didn't see the surgeons start to rush even more with what they were doing.

"Tori's heart stopped." I almost scream.

I stare at her until the figure disappears and the surgeons seem to all sigh at once in relief.

She's alive again.

They work faster, now, making sure she is alive the entire time until they get what's vital fixed up and she is resting with a tube down her throat, giving her oxygen.

I wish this was all a dream. I know it isn't because I pinched myself to make sure. It's more than I can handle. Seeing the ghost of my sister for a couple minutes has scarred me. I can't call this a gift. It's a curse. No matter how much I help people, seeing my sister crying and her seeing me and knowing that I saw her is too much.

She knows about my secret, now, too.

~

"She's in rough condition, seeing as how her heart stopped for a couple minutes, but she will be alright. We won't send her home for at least a week." A doctor says. "It's almost a miracle that she survived." And with that, the doctor leaves my family, Luke, and I in the hospital room with my unconscious, wrecked sister.

"I can't believe this." I say. It's been a couple hours since I finished crying, but I can feel the pain in my throat that means that I have a large chance of starting to cry. I don't want to cry, though.

"Nobody can." Josh says in a hoarse voice. It took a toll on all of my family. We almost lost her.

~

I call Max as soon as I get home from the hospital and Luke leaves.

Luke made sure to say goodbye with plenty of kisses...

"Hello?" Max asks.

"Max, it's me." I sigh.

"What do you want from me?" He asks angrily.

"Oh, well, if you're going to be that way then I'll just hang up on you. What if I was going to say I forgave you?" I say sarcastically.

He believes me. "You... You forgive me?" He asks in disbelief.

"No. I don't think I'll ever forgive you. That was just something to keep you on the phone. Now that I have all your attention, I need advice."

Yes, I know, getting advice from an ex boyfriend. How smart. But I don't have my older sister to help me or a best friend who knows me well at the moment.

"You want advice from me?"

"Yes."

"What is it?"

I sigh before I spill. "My sister was in the hospital today and her heart stopped at one point and I saw her ghost. She knows I saw her... And I don't know what to tell her."

"Tell her like you told Ally." Max says.

"I only wish I could tell my sister like I did my ex best friend who played hard core truth or dare and threatened to tell my crush that I liked him in sixth grade. In other words, I don't have any idea how I'd tell my sister."

"Just come out with it." Max says with an annoyed voice.

"You're useless to me. Why did I even think of calling you? You've never told anyone." I growl and hang up.

Honestly I didn't know what I was doing. Why ask him for help? He's an ass. Someone who hurt me.

I stand up and change into comfortable pajamas and lay in bed.

I'm not going to forget this day, but I'm going to try to calm down. It was scary. It was a day that I realized something I never thought about before. Not really, anyway.

This 'seeing ghosts' thing is a curse that I don't want any part in.

~Author's Note~

I'm changing stuff up, aren't I? Darn. Sorry guys if it's too much.

Anyway, I can promise you all that Tori will live unless you guys have no hearts and don't want her to live and then I can change my plans... (I hope not because that would show the odd types of readers I have...)

THANK YOU ALL FOR 2K! it's not much, but I think it's awesome for my first story! So, thank you all sooooo much!

Please tell me what you guys think! I love feedback!

Also, don't forget to ***VOTE***!!

Thanks for reading!

-Izzy :)