Chapter Sixty: Improv

We woke up to a status update. Some craziness had ensued while Ralph and I were sleeping. Apparently, team Flash had found another bus Meta, who can touch meats, take their powers, and transfer them to other people. He was a good guy luckily, and after some confusion with Iris being a speedster for a day, he had agreed to help us out with DeVoe. Plus, Harry used the thinking cap to find the names of the other two bus Metas.

So yeah...that happened.

My cold died down within a couple of days, and then we immediately started training Ralph with some DeVoe holograms that Cisco had programmed. Nothing gives you anxiety like the simulated death of your boyfriend.

DeVoe, who looked like Izzy at the moment, was floating in the middle of the room. Barry was running all over the place, I was floating above the scene, and Ralph was hanging on the rafters.

"Ready, Ralph?" Barry asked.

"Ready."

"Enact double scarlet's speedster in three, two, one-"

"Wait," Barry stopped and I touched down beside him. "I got a better idea." Ralph dropped down, whistling. "Over here, Doc Oc. Watch this, Master Splinter."

"Master Splinter..." I repeated. "Oh boy."

"Turtle power." And just like that, Ralph retracted his head into his body. His hands were flailing randomly.

"Shut it down." Barry said. The hologram shut off and the lights came on. "Alright, let's run it again. We gotta make this work."

"Does he know that?" I looked at Ralph to see his arms crossed and his head still missing. I put a hand on his arm and he popped his head back out.

"What?" He asked.

"One more time please," Iris said, "Follow Barry's plan?"

"You know, the one where I spent hours of my precious time programming realistic holograms for you?" Cisco added.

"Which, bravo on that by the way."

"Thank you."

"Look, just morph yourself into Barry, there'll be two Flashes, Thinker won't know which one is which and we'll confuse him."

"Kind of a 'her' actually."

"Ralph, you're missing the point of this exercise." Barry said, clearly frustrated.

"No, I get it. I was just doing a little improv."

"But this isn't stand up comedy!"

"I know, but if you would've just let it play out, it would have worked. You could have done some improving of your own, throw some Skyrocket action in there, comedy comes in threes, man."

"We're trying to protect you. DeVoe's coming. We need to be ready. All of us, ok?"

"I still think it's a pretty good plan, I hide my face I save my butt." Barry looked around at us, everyone shaking their heads.

~~~

"We'd make a fortune, an improve group made up of superheros? We can take it to Washington. We'd be the DC Comics."

"No, Ralph." Cisco said.

"First rule of improv is to say yes."

"Would it kill you to take training seriously?" Barry asked.

"Would it kill you to open up your mind grapes just a little?" He walked into the Cortex and I stayed behind with Barry and Iris.

"We'll get there. Eventually, we'll get there."